OSA swap meet HEADCOUNT - OKC Area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm probably not a seller, but maybe a browser/buyer. I just assumed this was an OSA thing, not necessarily an effort to maximize exposure.

Thinking of it more as an opportunity to mingle amongst members and if some dealing occurs incidental to that, all the better..
I'm with you on this. I'm one o' them cheap bastriches, and pretty close to broke all the time anyway, but I'd enjoy a chance to meet more people from OSA. ;)

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That brings up something that I think should be discussed.

I thought the whole point was to have a "OSA" gathering, not something necessarily open to the general public.

If it's somewhere that is exposed to the public and a few happen by, of course that's okay but I wasn't thinking of something set up for maximum exposure to hock your wares.

If a guy wanted to buy, sell, or trade with the general public there are many opportunities to do that just about anytime.

Like I stated before, I probably won't be able to make this gathering because I'm working weekends again but I think this is something that should be decided by those participating so that everyone understands what to expect.

What are other's thoughts on this?
I guess that’s cool if you want to browse and hang out. Some of us that are PAYING to sell our “stuff”, PAYING for fuel and a days time, cause you can’t stay for a minute and then bail if you lugged all your “stuff” an hour to set up and try to sell it, don’t want to sell $10 worth of “stuff” and lose money on a whole day. If you want a meet and greet, we could do that at your house.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess that’s cool if you want to browse and hang out. Some of us that are PAYING to sell our “stuff”, PAYING for fuel and a days time, cause you can’t stay for a minute and then bail if you lugged all your “stuff” an hour to set up and try to sell it, don’t want to sell $10 worth of “stuff” and lose money on a whole day. If you want a meet and greet, we could do that at your house.
Or you could have just said...."Ill pass". Sounds like someone here hurt your feelers at some point by not buying your "stuff".

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not. Free country, I’ll buy what I want just like everybody else. Just think one should consider others situation before commenting on what they should do.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You seem a little hostile here and not sure why. Not to speak for anyone, but I think all he was saying was his 'vision' of what this swap would be was little more casual than what you were apparently thinking. Same for me, for that matter. His message, to me, was basically asking the group if they were thinking a casual meet/swap thing vs something more geared for max traffic and sales. Either is cool, but would probably be smart to clarify the point a little since there are definitely two schools of thought on it, apparently.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As usual on OSA, after a few pages, whatever the subject , it will degenerate into an argument.
I swear, I could start a post about giving away 100 dollar bills, and someone would start an argument about it.

Kinda fun to watch though...
Any trades for those 100 dollar bills? Text me at my weird area code cell phone

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As usual on OSA, after a few pages, whatever the subject , it will degenerate into an argument.
I swear, I could start a post about giving away 100 dollar bills, and someone would start an argument about it.

Kinda fun to watch though...
Well............how could we be sure they weren't counterfeit ? (I'm kidding)

Latest posts

Top Bottom