OSA Swap Meet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think people are willing, just need a venue. Not a pissing pot for everybody to throw their $.02 into. Imho, a centrally located member with some land would be best option.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading all 11 pages, it occurs to me that this probably won’t happen. Mainly, it takes more organization to put something like this together than most folks are willing to provide, including me.

Secondarily, we have an inordinate number of members here that never ever miss an opportunity to be complete dicks and show their ass. It’s on display in this thread. I’ve no interest in associating with jerks. Life is too short and I’m on the downhill slide of it.

Great idea though.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The Yukon Round up Club has an air conditioned heated club house and can hold a lot of people. It has tables and chairs and has a large parking lot. I can check on its availability and cost if you want. For that matter, we could go to a local park and set up in a pavilion.
Check on the cost. It’s a start. Even if we have to rent a place, it would have to be gun friendly and that may pose an issue for some. Let us/me know. Thanks @Snattlerake

Bassett

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Well I read the 1st page and the last page and I'm thinking I'm glad I skipped the middle but if somebody's already suggested this Then yall can skip this too.
With all the gun shows around maybe you could just try grabbing a 1/2 dozen tables or more at a particular show in a particular city and listing it on the site ahead of time. You could list it far enough to get rsvp's. Members can use an area of the table for a small fee or a hole table a chair behind it or just to visit, to meet somebody. Most of the time I'd like to rent a table but don't really want to spend the money for a whole table but would like to have somewhere to set stuff down. I usually carry stuff to pedal or trade; You could even put a fancy sign above them like some of the tables do. no what I mean, just an idea.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe there should be more than one. I live in far northeast Oklahoma and probably wouldn't travel to central OK for a swap meet, but I would to one in the Tulsa or more eastern part of the state.

Latest posts

Top Bottom