OSA turning into Armslist?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People aren’t true to their word anymore. It’s sad really. I haven’t bought or traded anything for months. Although, most of the guys I deal with have similar interests and I’ve dealt with them many times. It disturbs me to see a deal go bad. I’ve had chances to cancel a deal over 25 or 50 bucks but I wouldn’t think of it.
As @retrieverman said, it’s not just here. It’s everywhere.
Well reinstate the minimum post rule before being able to post in classifieds, it kept the the scammers and the peckerwoods to a minimum. I don’t know much about the new ownership only that I do not like what they have done with the place, and if I had known about all the changes at the time I likely would not have become a lifetime supporter (Yeah it means that much)

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I once posted a Noveske AR in the classifieds and meant to post for $2000. I mistyped and posted it for $1000. It "sold" in about 3 minutes to the first person that saw it. Would have been easy to delete and repost or edit but I sold it for the accidental price I posted it for.

Maybe the guy that bought it remembers and posts in this thread - either way, my mistake and I followed through with the sale without hesitation...

It did teach me to proofread my listings before hitting "POST", lol
And that’s called integrity. It’s a big ouch but sometimes mistakes have zeros on the end of them. Been there, got the tshirt.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Knock on wood, I've always had good luck here. Strong preference to deal with established members. However if newish, the deal structure reflects that for me. Meet close to me, and needs to happen quick - not holding/waiting etc..

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a longtime member and had first bad experience....I should have expected it as the member does nothing but use OSA classifieds here.

I let me guard down when he told me he was a Police Sgt for the Chickasaw Nation Lighthorse - but I am reminded that a profession means nothing about a person.

THEMILLZ posted a couple items in classifieds. I had a pistol he listed for trade so we went to text and discussed but he ultimately offered a price for me to just buy both items. I said I'd buy them both (no trade) for $100 less than what he offered. He accepted and we made the deal. Exact location was set and rough time was decided upon with a plan to text at 11a to confirm timing. This would have been 12 hours after we made the deal.

I show my Son one of the items and told him that it would be for him and I got the cash set aside and had it with me. I get a text less than 30 minutes before we were to confirm the exact time letting me know that someone else messaged him and offered more. Obviously, he kept "dealing" with people after a deal was made and got more money from someone else. I never would have given a second thought to a seller on OSA in the past but now I guess I treat it like Armslist.

Not a huge deal in my life but annoying as I had planned around the meeting and (worse) showed my Son what he would be getting.

Anyway....just a friendly reminder that the old days of OSA classifieds seem to be long gone (I've seen others dealing with the same type of sellers) and people seem to have no problem trading their integrity for money.
be thankful he didn't allow you to drive to a meeting place and not even show - I have had that happen -- usually on a deal like that I get a commitment that they will immediately mark the item sold and not take other offers - that should normally be understood but might not have been for this person -- I would just move on -- soon there will be lots of great deals on the second hand gun market

Virtuaguyver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every tree has bad apples in every part of the world. I've been dealing online for a long time and encountered about every problem.

Tip: If dealing on Gunbroker, send extra mags from the auction separately, straight to their house or sell them separate auctions. 2 mags were lost once from my FFL to theirs.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
be thankful he didn't allow you to drive to a meeting place and not even show - I have had that happen -- usually on a deal like that I get a commitment that they will immediately mark the item sold and not take other offers - that should normally be understood but might not have been for this person -- I would just move on -- soon there will be lots of great deals on the second hand gun market
Good point - I guess the the good news is that he texted me to let me know he has no integrity instead of just ghosting so I had to figure it out, lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom