OSU upset

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a done deal, there's a rule for that too........no game will ever be over turned after it's over.

Understand, but however the refs technically 'extended' a game that was already over and completed. So, why couldn't they just go back and reverse? CMU might be pissed, but they should know fair is fair and that was the most raw deal dealt out in a couple decades.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Understand, but however the refs technically 'extended' a game that was already over and completed. So, why couldn't they just go back and reverse? CMU might be pissed, but they should know fair is fair and that was the most raw deal dealt out in a couple decades.

Maybe for OSU. The OU vs Oregon fiasco of OU recovering a fumble was completely botched by refs and replay crew comes to mind as the worst since Oregon never touched the ball after the fumble happened nor was there a dog pile to fight through.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That's not the way it works. There is no overturning of a game, regardless of how bad of a call it was. As already stated, OU was jobbed in the Oregon game and it was worse than this. The coaches/players put themselves into this position. The fact that they let a team like this hang around is on them.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe for OSU. The OU vs Oregon fiasco of OU recovering a fumble was completely botched by refs and replay crew comes to mind as the worst since Oregon never touched the ball after the fumble happened nor was there a dog pile to fight through.

That's not the way it works. There is no overturning of a game, regardless of how bad of a call it was. As already stated, OU was jobbed in the Oregon game and it was worse than this. The coaches/players put themselves into this position. The fact that they let a team like this hang around is on them.

It's all subjective I guess who you root for. I attended OSU for a minute, but spent a lot more at OU for my daughter. I don't have loyalties to either. Like them both.

OU was a bad judgement call, which is objective. OSU call was a total inept lack of knowledge of the rule book by both MAC and Big 12 officials, and they admit it. Hopefully none will officiate games ever again.

If I was the Chippawahs, I wouldn't want to accept a game I didn't win, but I suspect OSU and OU would gratefully take the win if the tables were turned. There's not much honor out there anymore.

Last edited:

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's all subjective I guess who you root for. I attended OSU for a minute, but spent a lot more at OU for my daughter. I don't have loyalties to either. Like them both.

OU was a bad judgement call, which is objective. OSU call was a total inept lack of knowledge of the rule book by both MAC and Big 12 officials, and they admit it. Hopefully none will officiate games ever again.

If I was the Chippawahs, I wouldn't want to accept a game I didn't win, but I suspect OSU and OU would gratefully take the win if the tables were turned. There's not much honor out there anymore.

The OU vs Oregon was not a judgement call at all. Is was a blatant not watching the replay with open eyes. Oregon NEVER had the ball. The OSU call was at least a misapplication of a rule. Bad yes, but nowhere as egregious, albeit IMNSHO, as the OU call.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The OU vs Oregon was not a judgement call at all. Is was a blatant not watching the replay with open eyes. Oregon NEVER had the ball. The OSU call was at least a misapplication of a rule. Bad yes, but nowhere as egregious, albeit IMNSHO, as the OU call.

I saw it and it was wrong. I'm not sure if the replay officials may have seen something we didn't see to make the call on the field stand. I was pissed also.

The officiators not knowing the rule book is ******** and worse in my book, and they admitted it. The game was over before that play, even though they shouldn't have let it be close enough to allow. for a crazy Hail Mary Pitch back to win

Latest posts

Top Bottom