OU and Texas to the SEC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mack Brown definitely started this down slide, I have a feeling he was tired of the donors, and began to not care. I certainly don’t blame him for getting tired of their crap, since my experience with wealthy to rich people has been no less than disgusting. I have no clue what you mean by adding “fantasyland fans” to Mack. My reference to fantasyland fans, is towards the fans who become aggressive, while feeling that anyone outside of Oklahoma feels that there is anything wrong with the program and it’s, umm let’s just say ‘ethics’ LOL. Sounds like I struck a cord with the “we” comment. This comes mostly from the younger generation, but there are some in the older crowd, in my personal experience, I’ve heard it very little outside of OU fans. You’ll definitely never hear many, nor anyone like me, say it. It’s just sad that people live that deep into their fantasy, that they feel the need to refer to another person as themselves, but it is comical. When others said “We’re back!”, you heard that mostly from players and others inside the program. I am a realist, so when that came out, my first thought was, “no, you’re far from it.”. For me, it just started more fun ribbing with my buddies, which consists of joking at each other once or twice, laughing it off, and on to another subject. Some think it’s their job to ‘protect’ OU and it’s many problems. Haha

It seems you may not understand that people tend not to see outside their own bubble and anecdotes. I just found it interesting that you saw so much in the "we" comment and took it so seriously, when so many of your own use it. It has been a catchphrase for the last few years of your program, and certainly its fans. You DO seem a bit more grounded though, its a good thing you realized you were nowhere close.

In the end, blaming Mack Brown is a bit tone deaf I think. He's done well outside of Texas, whereas Texas can't get out of its own way. Probably have a winner with Sark though. Oh well, see y'all later this year. Can I say "y'all" or does that pronoun offend too?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Couldn't care less" about OU "getting better in the SEC", but "hoping for the worst" so I don't have to listen to overweight, middle-aged men crow about how superior they are, depending on the success of kids - mostly from a state other than theirs, playing football for a college they never went to. I know way too many who apparently base their sense of worth on the success or failure of their favorite football team - some pro, but mostly college. And I'm under no delusions that Alabama, Ohio State, and other fans are just as arrogant, and just as insufferable. At least with Bama or Ohio State fans, I rarely get to see the chest thumping and strutting when they win. It's just a game, folks. And you didn't play in it.

"Is it “virtue signaling “ or “wokeness” to post on a thread about how you could not care less?"

Not what I did. But then, is it "virtue signaling" to call other colleges' and their programs "joke schools"? Wonder how many downs those that dribble scat like that played for the big Crimson and Cream? Or even NSU? Maybe Langston?

I appreciate you solidifying my point.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems you may not understand that people tend not to see outside their own bubble and anecdotes. I just found it interesting that you saw so much in the "we" comment and took it so seriously, when so many of your own use it. It has been a catchphrase for the last few years of your program, and certainly its fans. You DO seem a bit more grounded though, its a good thing you realized you were nowhere close.

In the end, blaming Mack Brown is a bit tone deaf I think. He's done well outside of Texas, whereas Texas can't get out of its own way. Probably have a winner with Sark though. Oh well, see y'all later this year. Can I say "y'all" or does that pronoun offend too?
Lol

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope your ready to eat some crow. You act like OU is some joke football team. We will only get better being in the SEC. Big deal if we lost some games over the last few seasons to SEC schools. That happens.
I hope u r ready to eat some crow also as SEC is no cake walk like most of Big12 !!!

Gunblinder

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Won’t be long till the bigger draw/money schools move to conferences that give more money, otherwise, they will not get those recruits since “paying” college players is around the corner

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Won’t be long till the bigger draw/money schools move to conferences that give more money, otherwise, they will not get those recruits since “paying” college players is around the corner
Technically, the schools won't be paying players (as I understand it)... the players are just free to get an agent, and be paid by those who want to use their name, image, and likeness to promote their interest. I think the principle on which this is based is that the player should own the rights to his/her own "persona" (name, image, likeness)... not the school. Obviously, it's a controversial issue, but I think that is the thinking behind the changes.

But I think you are correct in that the NIL issue is a consideration in conference realignment, to the extent that players may consider the conference as a determining factor in how much money they can expect to make. In my opinion though, the primary impetus in changing conferences is money and recruiting (but to an extent, the NIL issue is tied to recruiting).

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, I couldn't really care less. I've lost quite a bit of interest over the last few years, with all of the political BS, etc. Totally lost interest in the pros. And "we"? "They" might get better, but will be a much smaller fish in a much bigger pond. Will be interesting to see how they make out, but with OU's arrogant, a**holish fan base, I'm hoping for the worst. No need to hope for the worst for Texas - they'll be the Nebraska of the SEC.
Butt fan base?? You’ve got to be kidding me. There are bad fans with every team. But OU has some great fans. I don’t care for the political crap either. That’s why I didn’t watch it last year. Much smaller fish in a much bigger pond. That is laughable. We have beaten Alabama, Florida, Auburn and should have beaten Georgia after going to OT over the last several seasons. Oh man what a horrible time we will have in the SEC. We will easily be able to hang with the top teams. We will only get better. Just keep on hoping that. What a sad comment to make. I’m not an OSU fan but I hope they do good when they ain’t playing OU. You act like OU is a dang joke. That in and of itself is a ridiculous thing to think.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's absolutely fascinating to see a Texas fan blame Mack Brown for its troubles, then talk about fantasyland fans. Speaking of saying "we".....I lost count of how many Texas fans that would repeat "We're Back!" in the last few years but I guess that's different. I mean.... a majority of this scenario was initiated by Texas' arrogance so long ago, no irony there either for sure. Either way its program troubles definitely have some donor roots to it to say the very least, it will be interesting to see how that plays out moving forward.
Mac Brown did a great job at Texas. Look what he has done at NC. If he wasn’t a good coach they wouldn’t be doing what they are. This isn’t directed at you by the way. You are dead on with the “we’re back” crap. It’s embarrassing. I remember when they won that toilet bowl a while back and the QB said that. I was embarrassed when I heard it. He was acting like they won the National title. Lol. Also, Mac Brown is a really good man. He is a member of the Church.

Latest posts

Top Bottom