OU and Texas to the SEC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope u r ready to eat some crow also as SEC is no cake walk like most of Big12 !!!
I never said the SEC was a cakewalk. I know it won’t be. But OU can handle it. We are a lot better than you guys like to say. But we will see what happens. I will happily eat crow if we get our rears kicked.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Butt fan base?? You’ve got to be kidding me. There are bad fans with every team. But OU has some great fans. I don’t care for the political crap either. That’s why I didn’t watch it last year. Much smaller fish in a much bigger pond. That is laughable. We have beaten Alabama, Florida, Auburn and should have beaten Georgia after going to OT over the last several seasons. Oh man what a horrible time we will have in the SEC. We will easily be able to hang with the top teams. We will only get better. Just keep on hoping that. What a sad comment to make. I’m not an OSU fan but I hope they do good when they ain’t playing OU. You act like OU is a dang joke. That in and of itself is a ridiculous thing to think.
No - OU has a quality program, with good coaching and good recruiting. I just don’t think they’ll be any more than a perpetual also-ran in the SEC. Texas is making the biggest mistake. As I said, they’ll be the Nebraska of the SEC. They have had the athletes for years, but consistently underperformed against what you condescendingly refer to as “joke schools” (see why other fans have a negative view of arrogant OU fans?). I may be wrong, but unless there is a decline among the top 2 or 3 SEC programs by 2025, I’d expect OU will most often be a bridesmaid instead of a bride. We’ll see.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a former Student, parent of a student and life long Sooner fan that bled crimson and cream, I could care less. Once they approved players to be paid, I was done. I'm no fool. Players getting under the table payments has a long history. But at least I could pretend armature athletics was still a part of America and I loved it.
I played just a bit of small ball and even there, players were comped. But now player after player are signing million dollar contracts.
So....screw'em. Let the NFL do like MLB and have a farm system. 90% of those top players can't read or write anyway, so let them burn out playing in some south of the border crap hole field with no grass.
I don't care.
While I'm being a butt, I haven't watched a single even in the Olympics. Nothing made me happier than seeing the US womens soccer team get their butts kicked. Kneeling and disrespecting the flag was a classless move on a world stage. Not a single dime of my tax dollars better be supporting the Olympic dream (ha). Join me and boycott every sponsor. I've gone on line and found who supports year round and sent emails (that will never be read) telling them I'd never buy their product or service and why.
I'm ranting but I had to properly dispose of an American flag that had been shredded by time and heat. Seems no one knows how to properly dispose of a flag and that's sad. We did use the VFW but their membership has dwindled down to almost zero.
I followed the process. I had my grand nephew assist me. We folded it properly (2 pleats) and went to a spot in the country where we could burn the flag with out it touching the ground during the process. We both repeated the pledge of the allegiance. We collected the ashes and interred it in the soil. We treated it with the respect it deserves and all those it represent that have given their lives so an Olympics can be held.
Screw the Olympics and the bs woke athletes. All of them

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.secsports.com/article/31897368/statement-sec-commissioner-greg-sankey
1627398822180.png

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a former Student, parent of a student and life long Sooner fan that bled crimson and cream, I could care less. Once they approved players to be paid, I was done. I'm no fool. Players getting under the table payments has a long history. But at least I could pretend armature athletics was still a part of America and I loved it.
I played just a bit of small ball and even there, players were comped. But now player after player are signing million dollar contracts.
So....screw'em. Let the NFL do like MLB and have a farm system. 90% of those top players can't read or write anyway, so let them burn out playing in some south of the border crap hole field with no grass.
I don't care.
While I'm being a butt, I haven't watched a single even in the Olympics. Nothing made me happier than seeing the US womens soccer team get their butts kicked. Kneeling and disrespecting the flag was a classless move on a world stage. Not a single dime of my tax dollars better be supporting the Olympic dream (ha). Join me and boycott every sponsor. I've gone on line and found who supports year round and sent emails (that will never be read) telling them I'd never buy their product or service and why.
I'm ranting but I had to properly dispose of an American flag that had been shredded by time and heat. Seems no one knows how to properly dispose of a flag and that's sad. We did use the VFW but their membership has dwindled down to almost zero.
I followed the process. I had my grand nephew assist me. We folded it properly (2 pleats) and went to a spot in the country where we could burn the flag with out it touching the ground during the process. We both repeated the pledge of the allegiance. We collected the ashes and interred it in the soil. We treated it with the respect it deserves and all those it represent that have given their lives so an Olympics can be held.

As a former Student and graduate, and life long Sooner Fan......

The Supreme Court voted 9-0........ 9-0! on the NIL. That's pretty telling of what needed to happen IMO. I'll say if someone makes money off of those kids..... it should be the kids... and not just the NCAA and the Colleges. Its the American way after all? OU had nothing to do with any of that but they will continue to play the game. I won't disagree that it could "ruin" college sports, but I want to see what happens before taking a shot at all the kids on my lawn.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OU and Texas left quite a bit of wiggle room in their notice to not renew. If the grant of rights agreement says that if you leave early there is an exit fee, then if you leave early and pay the exit fee or negotiate a lower exit fee, aren't you still honoring the agreement? The agreement allows for that possibility. OU/Texas are using July of 2025 because that's when the GOR expires... but they didn't exactly say they are going to wait until 2025. They basically said they'll honor the agreement... but that could mean a lot of things.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't care.
You sir have hit a home run! Thank you

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OU and Texas left quite a bit of wiggle room in their notice to not renew. If the grant of rights agreement says that if you leave early there is an exit fee, then if you leave early and pay the exit fee or negotiate a lower exit fee, aren't you still honoring the agreement? The agreement allows for that possibility. OU/Texas are using July of 2025 because that's when the GOR expires... but they didn't exactly say they are going to wait until 2025. They basically said they'll honor the agreement... but that could mean a lot of things.
Yes they will! Both will receive enough new money their first 2 yrs to pay the 70 million. So going early will likely happen!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That's what I'm getting at.

To your other point, their potential contracts will be in the 70-80mil range. Well, they could pay off the Big12 in two years and still make more money than they were getting. No brainer if that's the case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom