OU and Texas to the SEC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
XXXX.jpg

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It over for me. The last vestige of pure sports, even if I was just lying to myself, is gone with the purchasing college players. Like I said. Let the NFL and NBA do a farm league to produce players. I'd rather watch a pickup game than what college sports has become.
And in my opinion only, not a dime made by top tier (or any tier) college sports program paid for anything but promoting and building the college program.
I'd love to see the dime paid from the football gate that supported an advanced calculus instructor. I'm sure more than a few instructors got paid to pass jocks that couldn't spell jock.
Totally agree! I mean there’s little doubt to me, college kids were already getting paid under the table, whether it was actual cash, a car, or whatever. There’s already too much politics in college, but this will definitely ruin it. I wish they would make kids, in all sports go 4 years in school, at least in sports. Letting them go pro earlier costs the schools, conferences, and the networks, tons of revenue, by fans losing interest. Look how many fans basketball and baseball have lost. I was never much on b-ball, but I did watch baseball, and hoops during the tournament. I don’t have a clue who was even in the tournament last year, nor do I have a guess who won the title. Examples, Kobe, LeBron, and Zion. Imagine how good those 3 would’ve been had they played 4 years of college. Sure they’re all freaks, and were way above their age group, but still. But then I also think the transfer portal is a joke.

Kenneth Braud

Marksman
Reaction score
The unanimous acceptance was a nice outward show of unity by the regents of the SEC universities. Believe me, the athletic departments of most if not all want ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with UT... they'll welcome OU. UT has ruined the SW Conference and killed the BIG12 with their independent moves to get their own television contract after failing to move to the PAC. We've seen those results... nothing in over a decade by the Longhorns... they are toxic. Donors are fleeing UT in droves with the woke attitudes of the athletic departments. Well, I'll watch ARMY - a real amateur football team...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The unanimous acceptance was a nice outward show of unity by the regents of the SEC universities. Believe me, the athletic departments of most if not all want ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with UT... they'll welcome OU. UT has ruined the SW Conference and killed the BIG12 with their independent moves to get their own television contract after failing to move to the PAC. We've seen those results... nothing in over a decade by the Longhorns... they are toxic. Donors are fleeing UT in droves with the woke attitudes of the athletic departments. Well, I'll watch ARMY - a real amateur football team...
Lol. You are correct but the SEC will tell UT to "shut up and sit down" if they "get mouthy" with those sorts of antics. The SEC isn't scared of UT one bit.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worst thing ever. College football is going to just turn into two big conferences (a la NFC, AFC) and now they are getting paid. College Football is now just going to be semi pro.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Worst thing ever. College football is going to just turn into two big conferences (a la NFC, AFC) and now they are getting paid. College Football is now just going to be semi pro.
I know someone who thinks the next step is for the SEC to leave the NCAA, then do away with the four years of eligibility rule, and become a minor league system for the NFL. I don't know about all of that, but with the addition of OU and UT, the SEC supposedly controls about 60% of college athletics revenue, so they could very well tell the NCAA to pound sand. If they were successful in peeling off Ohio State, Clemson, and another big program or two, they might actually break the NCAA.

I do find it interesting that the two schools (OU and UGA) who went to the SCOTUS to break the NCAA's monopoly on college football TV contracts will soon be in the same conference...

Latest posts

Top Bottom