OU and Texas to the SEC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would be surprised if OU went without OKstate....
Texas doesn’t have the stones to go on their own, and I’m not sure any respectable conference would want Texas by itself after what they did to the Big 12, but if OU goes to the SEC, OSU will almost certainly be part of the package. If OU and Texas both leave, it’s only a matter of time before the Big 12 folds completely (it was only OU’s commitment to the conference that kept it from folding last time this was rumored), so they’ll have to go somewhere, and I don’t see anyone in Oklahoma wanting to split up that particular rivalry.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I don’t watch College sports much but it sounds like it would be a good move for OU to leave. I Expect them to trade the less favorable SEC teams to take OU and Texas’ spot in Big 12.

As popular as OU is nationwide I betcha it happens. They need more prime time games instead of at 11:00 or whatever it is. Fox isn’t giving them that. ESPN will.

OU and OSU can still be rivals though even if they are in separate conferences right?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OU and OSU can still be rivals though even if they are in separate conferences right?
OU and Texas were rivals while in different conferences, but the OU-Nebraska rivalry ended when the Cornshuckers went to the Big 10, so nothing is guaranteed. I just don't see OU and OSU ending up in different conferences.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Talk about giving your teams almost a zero chance at going to a National Championship game again. OU and Texas will meet these teams during the regular season every year now, ouch lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom