OU and Texas to the SEC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been listening to the animal and from everything they are saying OU and Texas have definitely reached out to the SEC. They also say that they believe this has been happening for a while now but it is just now being talked about. Both schools have been contacted by different media organizations but neither OU or Texas will deny it. This is too big a deal to not deny if it were false.
OSU will be left in the cold. The SEC will not take them. As for the big 12, it will either fold, which is more likely. Or, it could become a weak conference. Doubtful. I think this is the right move and should have been done back when the big realignment happened several years ago. This is great for the SEC and also for OU and Texas.
OU and Texas would more than likely be put into the western division and would play against, Texas, Texas AM, Arkansas, LSU, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Mississippi State.

I think this is a very positive thing for both schools but also for the SEC as a whole. They will get even better tv deals than they already get. And they would likely have up to 6 teams in the playoffs every year. And with the playoffs changing in the near future this is the perfect time to join. I do not think it will be an immediate thing though. Sure some negotiations can be made for the teams to leave the big 12 but I just don’t see the conference allowing both to leave until their contracts are up. This will also help both schools in recruiting. I don’t think OU will ever be on the same level as Alabama as long as they are in the big 12.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OU isn't going to the SEC, they couldn't never win a conference title. They can't play a whole season with those big boys. Now as long as they stay in the little 12 they win the conference and then go to a bowl game and have a 50/50 chance of winning. OU fans can't stomach 3-4 loses a year. lol
Why do you think we could never win a title in the SEC? Being in that conference will boost our recruiting and will also force OU to adapt and get better. In the big 12 we will keep on playing these joke schools like Kansas and KState. Besides, we have beaten Alabama and should have beat Georgia when we played them in the Rose Bowl. I have stomached worse than 3-4 losses a year. Guess what? I still paid money to go to games. A true fan sticks by them whether they suck or are good. The big boys, LOL. OU is in the top 5 almost every year. Give me a break. ANY team can be beaten.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Texas A&M and Missouri are likely no’s. Would only require one more school I believe to nix the idea.

Don’t see the state legislatures not getting involved due to OSU.

I’m against just thinking of OU fans chanting SEC.

Big 12 has been in decline since Texas A&M, Nebraska and Missouri left. It’s only a matter of time before it folds.
Correct. They have to have 11 vote to approve. I know for a fact AM will vote no. They have already come out taking jabs at OU and Texas for wanting to be in the SEC. They are just scared because they know they will get whipped.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally would prefer to leave Texas behind over OSU. Texas is just as dramatic as A&M and a big part of why the big 12 realigned already. But OSU just doesn’t have that name recognition, as much as I think they should at this point.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this deal is very close to being done. It won’t be a hard sell for OU to get into SEC.

Get ready for the surprise, OSU won’t be part of the deal. They will eventually land in Pac12 and be a contender every year.

Texas…….. well they SEC will force the weakest member of the no votes to flip and get to 11 approvals. I agree they have more drama issues than vogue magazine, but the bottom line is this. Wherever they go they put butts in the seats which means paid attendance. And at the end of the day sales (revenue) cures all.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OU will be just fine in the SEC. The Big 12 went 5-0 in bowl games last year. Texas beat Georgia in a bowl year before last. OU beat Florida and Auburn recently in bowls. OU has a winning record vs Alabama. Hell Stoops was 3-0 against them. Riley is recruiting very well. Sooners will be fine. Plus SEC gets national championship caliber softball and gymnastics.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s all a matter of how the negotiations go with Fox right? If they can’t get better times to televise then they’ll go SEC to get on with ESPN.
I don’t think this is the only reason they are doing this. Sure money is one thing. I also believe the playoff expanding has a big part of it. But I also know that Joe is sick or not getting more prime time spots. That ain’t gonna happen with the big 12. Another positive of us joining the SEC is their network deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom