OU and Texas to the SEC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OU and Texas left quite a bit of wiggle room in their notice to not renew. If the grant of rights agreement says that if you leave early there is an exit fee, then if you leave early and pay the exit fee or negotiate a lower exit fee, aren't you still honoring the agreement? The agreement allows for that possibility. OU/Texas are using July of 2025 because that's when the GOR expires... but they didn't exactly say they are going to wait until 2025. They basically said they'll honor the agreement... but that could mean a lot of things.
I guarantee they leave after this season. There is no way they will stay longer. It will hurt the program to do so. They can easily make up the money they will have to spend getting out. Also, consider that the SEC could be willing to help ease that burden. This is a big move for them too. They stand to make even more money bringing in OU and Texas.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a former Student, parent of a student and life long Sooner fan that bled crimson and cream, I could care less. Once they approved players to be paid, I was done. I'm no fool. Players getting under the table payments has a long history. But at least I could pretend armature athletics was still a part of America and I loved it.
I played just a bit of small ball and even there, players were comped. But now player after player are signing million dollar contracts.
So....screw'em. Let the NFL do like MLB and have a farm system. 90% of those top players can't read or write anyway, so let them burn out playing in some south of the border crap hole field with no grass.
I don't care.
While I'm being a butt, I haven't watched a single even in the Olympics. Nothing made me happier than seeing the US womens soccer team get their butts kicked. Kneeling and disrespecting the flag was a classless move on a world stage. Not a single dime of my tax dollars better be supporting the Olympic dream (ha). Join me and boycott every sponsor. I've gone on line and found who supports year round and sent emails (that will never be read) telling them I'd never buy their product or service and why.
I'm ranting but I had to properly dispose of an American flag that had been shredded by time and heat. Seems no one knows how to properly dispose of a flag and that's sad. We did use the VFW but their membership has dwindled down to almost zero.
I followed the process. I had my grand nephew assist me. We folded it properly (2 pleats) and went to a spot in the country where we could burn the flag with out it touching the ground during the process. We both repeated the pledge of the allegiance. We collected the ashes and interred it in the soil. We treated it with the respect it deserves and all those it represent that have given their lives so an Olympics can be held.
Screw the Olympics and the bs woke athletes. All of them
I actually did this to my old flag a while back. It never touched the ground. I stood there with my hand over my heart until it was gone. I wish these pathetic excuses for athletes realized just how amazing our country is. And how much the flag means to so many. All the sacrifices for them to be able to hate the very country that has made them famous, and rich.

Range Plunker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new conference, if OU and Texas are accepted, will allow both schools to (1) benefit financially; (2) increase competition quality; (3) widen the recruiting area; (4) offer new bowl opportunities. Apart from those specific football benefits, both schools should see new rivalries created in other sports, which will benefit them as well. On the negative side, with increased competition, both schools should expect some dampening of expectations that might not sit well with each institutions alumni. For fans, you should expect higher ticket fees, and a push for new gear to reflect the change in conferences. When all is said and done, those that will benefit are the schools leadership, coaching staffs, players, and to a less extent the fans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom