OU gets a shot at 'Bama!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can Riley do it in his 2nd year like Stoops did? It's a heavy lift, but it's possible! Personally, I think OU's offense may be good enough to pull it off. We'll see soon!
Gonna be tough for my Sooners to stop Bama offense. The good thing is OU's defense has done better every week and it's better to peak late. The issue is pass coverage. That's the key.
I'm just glad to see Stoops gone and OU playing for a chance at the championship. Sort of solidifies why stoops was fired and should have been fired last year.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To their credit--and, yes, they have struggled--OU's defense has now scored 20 points in their last three games.
Now back up and tell us how many games before that since they scored. Once upon a time they scored all the time.

It's good to see the fire getting lit!

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here is how my mind works.
OU = Billy Sims, Steve Owens, Roy Williams, Sam Bradford, Tony Casillas, Jammal Brown, Baker Mayfield, Adrian Peterson to name a few.
Clemson = The Fridge Perry, a few other Defensive players.
Bama = Bear Bryant, Hollywood Joe Namath, The snake Ken Stabler and a few other guys that were recruited from nefarious locations to play ball and win games. (Purdue anyone?)
Now of course I realize there have been many players from Bama and Clemson that went pro, but I really do not care as they were not SOONERS!

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now back up and tell us how many games before that since they scored. Once upon a time they scored all the time.

It's good to see the fire getting lit!
Add in the blocked extra point vs. Texas (a point taken away is as good as a point scored), and they're scoring seven points a game on average, over the last three games. It is not a great defense by any stretch, but it may be getting good enough....

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Add in the blocked extra point vs. Texas (a point taken away is as good as a point scored), and they're scoring seven points a game on average, over the last three games. It is not a great defense by any stretch, but it may be getting good enough....
We are on the same exact page. Earlier I told a friend on Facebook that the defense "did just enough to win". I'm really looking forward to this game. I want to see what our offense can do to them and who knows? Our defense might be able to put together a stop or two and it turn out to be "good enough".

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cant help thinking about that time that Bud Wilkinson was forced to shine Bear Bryant's shoes with the oil on his nose. That's probably what'll happen this time. Prove it won't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom