OU is a BILLION dollars in debt!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Democrats should never be allowed to run anything. This is mind boggling. Boren has cried for more money for years and gotten it. But it wasn't enough apparently. Much more in the links.

The University of Oklahoma is losing $36 million a year as expenses continue to outpace revenues, the incoming president said Tuesday.

"Total debt is almost $1 billion at our Norman campus,” said Jim Gallogly, who becomes OU's 14th president July 1. Debt service costs are almost $70 million a year, he said.

https://newsok.com/article/5598666/...cing-1-billion-debt-inadequate-operating-cash

http://www.oudaily.com/news/we-will...cle_c01a360e-741e-11e8-b4a1-d70e9caab217.html

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A) Lincoln Riley is a profit center. A winning football team brings in a boatload of donations. He's also probably paid by the Athletic Department, a separate corporate entity from the university, and one that is self-sustaining (despite funding all athletic programs, even the net losers like golf).

B) Does anybody know how to find historical financial statements for the university? I can find a few years back, but I want to see 1994's statements (when Boren assumed office).

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Almost a billion dollars in debt?

138AABE8-9FFF-4526-854D-3A0251481E75.jpeg

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it's obscene that a football coach just got a $1.5 mil RAISE!
I know the funds come from donors, football brings in money, etc; but if you've got that kind of money to give away, and you give it to a football team!?
Our culture is so twisted.

$1.7 million. Just sayin'. I know some kids who wish they could just afford the tuition ...

Yes, I would like to see the books all the way back to '94 ... and prior, for that matter ... and not just for O.U.
It seems like a lot of candidates this year are saying they will 'audit every state agency.' Yeah, well. I wish. I bet none of them get it done.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And tuition keeps going p for the average person on a near annual basis. Management cannot manage mony. How much did they pay for the two recent statues Of Scoops and Boren? It's a drop in the bucket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom