OU is a BILLION dollars in debt!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Time to shut it down then. How many universities does a state need anyway? That or it's time for a rate hike/staff cut. Tear all the statues down and melt down/sell off. No more new buildings, and the people who ran the place into the ground are out of a job tonight.

cp-2017-figure-6.png

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cannot imagine how badly OU’s business operations have been managed. ‘Reckless Abandon’ or maybe ‘Drunk and Disorderly’ come to mind. Doesn’t Oklahoma Government have any oversight to insure that incompetence, malfeasance, or fraud and embezzlement are not unchecked in State Agencies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in regards to athletics and the university, does anyone know if OU still takes a portion of their 'student fee' towards sports?
My understanding is that the student athletics fee funds things like intramural sports (open to everybody), not the Athletic Department.
I cannot imagine how badly OU’s business operations have been managed. ‘Reckless Abandon’ or maybe ‘Drunk and Disorderly’ come to mind. Doesn’t Oklahoma Government have any oversight to insure that incompetence, malfeasance, or fraud and embezzlement are not unchecked in State Agencies?
Not directly; universities are overseen by the Board of Regents, an unelected body.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My understanding is that the student athletics fee funds things like intramural sports (open to everybody), not the Athletic Department.

Not directly; universities are overseen by the Board of Regents, an unelected body.

One would think that all functioning operations funded even in part with state money should be subject to audit by a state Inspector General; or, if funded even in part by Federal funds, should be subject to audit by the U.S. Inspector General. Gross Incompetence, Misconduct, Malfeasance, Fraud and/or Embezzlement should lead to a Grand Jury and possible Indictment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad went to law school with Jim Gallogly. Jim didn't spend much time practicing law; he went into business, where he's been tremendously successful. I think he's entirely capable of fixing the financial problems...if he can work with ivory-tower academics. The management methods that work well in the profit-driven private sector tend not to work well in academentia.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everything from the beauty of the arbuckles to the deserts of the south west. Trees, rivers, fishing, hunting, 2nd amendment gun friendly laws, farmers, ranchers, hard workers and thousands of other things people of other states just dream of.
We have a lot to be proud of and OU football is just one

So, these traits are exclusive to OK only? Hmmmmmm……….

Latest posts

Top Bottom