OU is a BILLION dollars in debt!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't followed this entire thread, but tell me -- are they using regular accounting or state health department accounting when they say they're so short of money...

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like this reference but don’t understand it
I had to look it up too. From TerryMiller's Wikipedia link:

Cross was known for his public speaking ability and quick wit. His most famous quote came at a budget meeting with state legislators. After a long presentation and 45 minute justification of the OU budget, a legislator asked him why the university needed more money. A frustrated Cross replied, "I would like to build a University of which the football team could be proud."​

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to look it up too. From TerryMiller's Wikipedia link:

Cross was known for his public speaking ability and quick wit. His most famous quote came at a budget meeting with state legislators. After a long presentation and 45 minute justification of the OU budget, a legislator asked him why the university needed more money. A frustrated Cross replied, "I would like to build a University of which the football team could be proud."​

And that would be the point of my reference in my comment. Guess I might have reached a little far back in the mists of a long ago time for some to get it without a web search.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad wasn't even enrolled at OU when that comment was made!

This speaks volumes to me. I attended OU from the summer 1964 semester until the end of the next Spring semester, so I've been around for a bit.

There's an awful lot of younkers here on OSA. And, unlike a certain Marine individual here, I'm not dead set against camping out in a tent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom