OU vs West Virginia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched the OU game yesterday evening and was surprised to hear the fans chanting to have our quarterback replaced with the 2nd string QB.....I know it wasn't up to OU standards the way the game went down but there were a lot of reasons for that. No running game, poor offensive line play, quarterback pressure and a much better WV team that we've seen in quite a while.
Let me hear what you think.............
At lease we came out on top.....!!!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched the OU game yesterday evening and was surprised to hear the fans chanting to have our quarterback replaced with the 2nd string QB.....I know it wasn't up to OU standards the way the game went down but there were a lot of reasons for that. No running game, poor offensive line play, quarterback pressure and a much better WV team that we've seen in quite a while.
Let me hear what you think.............
At lease we came out on top.....!!!

Barely. O-Line sucked. Rattler was hurried/sacked way to many times. OU never led during the game, Brkic kicked the winning field goal with like 1 second on the clock. Hats off to the West Virginia players and coaches; they came to play and play they did.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No worries; my Kansas State Wildcats will provide them with the cure to what ails them. Totally didn't show up in Stillwater from what I understand, and will probably be a speed bump for OU in Manhattan. I've mostly sworn off of football, but kind of keep up with the chatter on message boards. So far it sounds like everyone is struggling.

maximus

Maximus
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AP Poll

1. Alabama

2. Georgia

3. Oregon

4. Penn State

5. Iowa

6. Oklahoma

7. Cincinnati

8. Arkansas

9. Notre Dame

10. Florida

11. Ohio State

12. Ole Miss

13. BYU

14. Michigan

15. Texas A&M

16. Coastal Carolina

17. Michigan State

18. Fresno State

19. Oklahoma State

20. UCLA

21. Baylor

22. Auburn

23. North Carolina State

24. Wake Forest

25. Clemson

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think Rattler is the main problem, for all the reasons you mentioned. I think it really comes down to the OL is just not playing well.

Having said that, Rattler does make some poor decisions, like throwing into triple coverage once in a while, and the two deep passes in a row probably wasn't the best idea (although no idea if that was Rattler's decision, or what he was told). He's a very competitive, very confident player and it's not unusual for those kind of guys to try to get away with things that aren't wise. They always think they can do it.

A little experience and coaching will take care of that. We have the skill players. RB's aren't getting enough holes, and Rattler doesn't have enough time to pass, and all of that is related. The defense has been decent at least.

Latest posts

Top Bottom