OU vs West Virginia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, our O line has a lot of work to do the give Rattler enough time to run the plays and to find his receivers.
I was really looking forward to going down to the OU/Texas game in a couple of weeks but now I am scared as hell. Texas is playing a lot better and we are playing a lot worse. I hope we get it together before the Red River Rivalry. If we loose a game, loose to anyone except Texas!!!!

I thought that the defense stepped up in places and had a pretty good game.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it really comes down to the OL is just not playing well.
The interior of the OL is very inexperienced, and it showed last night. The two tackles are the only ones with significant experience, and, IIRC, the center was making his first start against WV. (I don't recall for sure, but it seems like they lost at least one interior lineman to injury earlier this season.)

It's not like it's something that can't be fixed, but they need to get it squared away quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The interior of the OL is very inexperienced, and it showed last night. The two tackles are the only ones with significant experience, and, IIRC, the center was making his first start against WV. (I don't recall for sure, but it seems like they lost at least one interior lineman to injury earlier this season.)

It's not like it's something that can't be fixed, but they need to get it squared away quick, fast, and in a hurry.
Seemed like I heard the same about the center. While I was watching, I was thinking to myself "they sure are missing Creed". He seemed like the squad leader out there last year. Maybe really was IDK, as I don't follow it that much anymore but he seemed to be like an on-field coach and kept the O-Line motivated. They were getting pounded last night. I saw Georgia play a week or two ago and if they had to play them it would be a straight up nightmare to watch for an OU fan.

Range Plunker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am beginning to think that the volume of players that left the OU Program after last season had a major impact on this year's team, especially seeing or reading about how those players are working out for other teams, i.e. Ohio State, SMU, etc.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Part of Rattler's problem is his inability/lack of desire to run. I've seen multiple plays where the receivers are covered, and he has 10-15 yards of open field in front of him and he won't just take off. Baker, Kyler and Jalen were all dual threat QBs, which takes some of the heat off of your receivers.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did anyone watch what they called the post game on channel 5? It was terrible. Commentary was on a loop and useless IMO. And they'd cut away from coach and players to insert it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Part of Rattler's problem is his inability/lack of desire to run. I've seen multiple plays where the receivers are covered, and he has 10-15 yards of open field in front of him and he won't just take off. Baker, Kyler and Jalen were all dual threat QBs, which takes some of the heat off of your receivers.
He not a great runner. He's a "competent runner" but not dangerous like those other guys.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched the OU game yesterday evening and was surprised to hear the fans chanting to have our quarterback replaced with the 2nd string QB.....I know it wasn't up to OU standards the way the game went down but there were a lot of reasons for that. No running game, poor offensive line play, quarterback pressure and a much better WV team that we've seen in quite a while.
Let me hear what you think.............
At lease we came out on top.....!!!
Well the take aways for me were, The O-line really didn’t play well but independent of this I am not sure Rattler is the answer he is not nearly as good in year two as he should be. West Virginia is a good team, they beat Virginia Tech (a top 25 team at the time) and had a on score loss to Maryland (also a pretty good team). The positives are the defense is improving. There is a lot of parity in CFB this year at least I am noticing some pretty close games out there teams coming out of nowhere, Arkansa, Baylor, UCLA some craziness out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom