OU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Honest question. Do you think recruits are more likely to go to a lesser SEC team, or a better PAC, B12, B10 team? I'm sure any player that gets a Alabama, Georgia offer will jump on it, but what about those that get a Vanderbilt or South Carolina offer vs a Ohio State, Michigan State, USC, etc offer. Will be interesting to see how all this shakes down over the next few years.
right, if you are asking me if i would play for OU who is going to win the Big XII even if they lose a game or two, versus play for OU who is likely not going to *even be competing for the conference championship every year*, i would 100% go to OU in the big xii.

anyone saying otherwise doesn't understand what players want. they want to win and put up huge numbers because that leads to huge contracts. they *do not* want to play for some school that will lose more games but "be more competitive" in a sport where losing one game basically ends your season.

i think you guys put WAY too much on "muh history" zoomers don't care. at all.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honest question. Do you think recruits are more likely to go to a lesser SEC team, or a better PAC, B12, B10 team? I'm sure any player that gets a Alabama, Georgia offer will jump on it, but what about those that get a Vanderbilt or South Carolina offer vs a Ohio State, Michigan State, USC, etc offer. Will be interesting to see how all this shakes down over the next few years.
I've lost count of how many players decided against going to OU because they'd rather play in the SEC.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They will because the likelihood of big url deals is much more likely. However the upper 4s and 5 will follow the money. SEC and Big10 conferences as they band together WILL exit the ncaa, make their own rules much like nfl ones, so that level of athlete will see that also as help in getting into the nfl. Also by then they will have used url money to already buy the cars, clothes and be paying for that sort of lifestyle so their sole intent will be to continue that via the nfl. Obviously there will not be room for all of them some since of reality with then be tough. They have a lifestyle but no way to pay for it because they don’t have a college degree to do so.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
right, if you are asking me if i would play for OU who is going to win the Big XII even if they lose a game or two, versus play for OU who is likely not going to *even be competing for the conference championship every year*, i would 100% go to OU in the big xii.

anyone saying otherwise doesn't understand what players want. they want to win and put up huge numbers because that leads to huge contracts. they *do not* want to play for some school that will lose more games but "be more competitive" in a sport where losing one game basically ends your season.

I think there is definitely a competiveness, ie SEC multiplier applied to players going to play on Sunday. I mean, scouts/recruiters see same numbers put up by a SWOSU player vs OU player quite differently, right? Would think the same calc occurs big 12 vs sec.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You get it.

I'd like to add that TCU..... OSU...... or any of the other haters would jump in a second to go to the SEC.
Not so sure of that. Gundy will not do that as his financial status is locked in at 7 mill plus’s right now. He loves the security he now has at OSU. He has publically said with the new AD and President solid in his corner . The athletic dept has very little debt, and he is not nor is the university on an ego trip to run to either of those leagues. There will be plenty of good athletes that will see the pitfalls of running to the rogue league only to be sitting on the bench and their parents will want them to get an education.
I can also see ncaa schools prohibiting rogue conference transfers to be accepted back into the NCAA.Sort of like what is going on in golf right now.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Here, here to all the above

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1664816398846.png

Even if they are in last place in the Big 12 at the moment.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not so sure of that. Gundy will not do that as his financial status is locked in at 7 mill plus’s right now. He loves the security he now has at OSU. He has publically said with the new AD and President solid in his corner . The athletic dept has very little debt, and he is not nor is the university on an ego trip to run to either of those leagues. There will be plenty of good athletes that will see the pitfalls of running to the rogue league only to be sitting on the bench and their parents will want them to get an education.
I can also see ncaa schools prohibiting rogue conference transfers to be accepted back into the NCAA.Sort of like what is going on in golf right now.

Gundy wouldn't have a whole lot of say in it lol.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gundy wouldn't have a whole lot of say in it lol.
I know a few folks there and will disagree unlike OU he definitely WILL. They want to keep him long term via 7 mil+ contract he got that makes him the highest paid coach in the conference

Latest posts

Top Bottom