OU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, what a a$$ whooping we got today. I’m very nervous about next week and Texas. We will be there for the game but will be there with not so high hopes.

Boomer!

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Time for a new coach!

9B4BDA92-600C-474B-AEE1-7FB7D8345254.png

Last edited:

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Don't get us going on you and rent again
bruh. i would bet panhandle rent is a bit cheaper than i'm dealing with.

that being said: okie tex was the last couple weekends out at black mesa and i had to work two saturdays in a row. wouldn't you know it. i've been 5 times, really cool event out there.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
bruh. i would bet panhandle rent is a bit cheaper than i'm dealing with.

that being said: okie tex was the last couple weekends out at black mesa and i had to work two saturdays in a row. wouldn't you know it. i've been 5 times, really cool event out there.

Rent out here is high. They just built some new housing development here and the clause is they have to be rented for a few years before they can be sold. They’re like 1700 sq ft homes I think and monthly rent is $2,200.

Always wanted to go out to the okie tex star thing but never been. I really ought to just get my own telescope and head out there some weekend.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
you don't even need a scope. lots of people with more than enough money and know how. just be friendly and cautious enough, absolutely NO white/yellow light (red condom over any light works fine), park REALLY far away from billy joe, etc, and anyone you approach will be more than happy to let you observe whatever they are looking at. literally a once in a lifetime event for people around the world. pretty cool thing in oklahoma.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There’s been a lot of hyperbole today coming from some understandable frustration. But many of these rants are simply not true or at best way overstated.

I’ve been a fan for 50+ years and OU has never lost this bad.
- In 1997 in 3 consecutive weeks OU lost to Nebraska 69-7, OSU 30-7, and then to A&M 51-7, dropping their season record to 3-7.

OU will drop out of the Top 25 for the first time in who knows how long.
- In 2020, OU lost 2 of their first 3 games to start 1-2. They fell all the way from #3 to unranked in just two weeks.

Jeff Lebby chose Dillon Gabriel over better QBs that would have OU in a better position.
- Dillon Gabriel was the highest rates QB in the transfer portal available to OU. Gabriel was ranked 6th coming into the season to win the Heisman trophy. He may not be a home run transfer, but he was likely the best possible hope for OU who had lost their entire QB depth chart. If Lebby missed, so did everyone else who was evaluating talent.

Venables et al. have to coach better.
- Venables inherited a team where 11 players with eligibility remaining left for the NFL draft and 12 players transferred out (including the starting QB and top WR). The coaches were hired two weeks before early signing day and have not even had one year to get players accustomed to their systems.

Nick Saban’s first year at Alabama 7-6
Bob Stoops’ first year at OU 7-5
Dabo Swinney’s first year at Clemson 4-3
Kirby Smart’s first year at Georgia 8-5

OU should have gone after a proven head coach.
- Bud Wilkinson - assistant coach
Barry Switzer - assistant coach
Bob Stoops - assistant coach

The truth is the coaches inherited a program reeling from a blindside. A program that lost an enormous chunk of the team including the leaders on both offense and defense. Most coaches need 2-3 years to get the players they need to run their schemes, and it takes more than one off season to grasp new systems.

OU has some great players who will play in the NFL, but they are also starting guys who are in there because they are the best option. The games the last two weeks have been awful to watch, but if you think your insight is pointing to something the coaches and players don’t know, that’s pretty narcissistic. The team and fans know what’s wrong. The team just need time and support to get things righted. No one needs support when things are going right. It’s when things are going wrong you find out who really has your back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom