OUCH! I just scratched up my beautiful telephone!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Motorola Moto E6, dammit!

It was in mint condition when I got it this September. The damn thing was $91.75 with shipping refurbished. I had to get this stupid phone because my nice, minty and more-compact Moto E4 would no longer work with Tello Mobile.

I was out taking a walk with my jacket on. I had the phone in my front jacket phone pocket. The flap would not snap shut becase the damn phone is too long and thick. My older Moto E4, I still have it, fit like a glove under my pocket flap snapped securely.

I got warm during my walk and took my jacket off forgetting about the phone in the unsecure pocket and folded the jacket over my arm and BANG!

Hit the damn concrete. Was lying flat face up. Put dings around the eges of the screen. The screen did not break but my phone no longer looks minty. The screen glass did get a tiny chip along the edge. I don't know if it's glass or hard plastic. I took a couple hours with Brasso, Comet, water, a cloth, 260-grit sandpaper, 5,000 grit sandpaper and Novus plastic polish to try to put Humpty-Dumpty back together again. A little better but still not perfect. Using the 260-grit sandpaper along the plastic screen bezel to smooth out dings, I put some haze on the glass screen itself near the edges in a couple spots that no amount of Brasso and rubbing could clear up perfectly. There is no easy way to separate the screen surround from the glass.

They made this damn phone too thick and too long to fit my snapped-shut phone pocket. I thought the trend in high tech was to make things more compact and not bigger. Are phone makers and jacket makers in cahoots? Make bigger phones so people have to buy jackets with bigger phone pockets? If the stupid phone was just small enough to fit my existing phone pocket, this never would have happened.

I don't like to keep the phone in my larger lower jacket pocket because it bounces around down low. I will have to keep this phone in my fanny pack phone compartment from now on.

It's almost as bad to screw up a minty smartphone as it is to screw up your favorite gun, a nice watch or an automobile.

Last edited:

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah.......that sucks. I went from the Galaxy S20+ to the new Google Pixel 6 Pro and couldn't be happier. I have never dropped and broken a phone or scratched up a phone that bad.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A Motorola Moto E6, dammit!

It was in mint condition when I got it this September. The damn thing was $91.75 with shipping refurbished. I had to get this stupid phone because my nice, minty and more-compact Moto E4 would no longer work with Tello Mobile.

I was out taking a walk with my jacket on. I had the phone in my front jacket phone pocket. The flap would not snap shut becase the damn phone is too long and thick. My older Moto E4, I still have it, fit like a glove under my pocket flap snapped securely.

I got warm during my walk and took my jacket off forgetting about the phone in the unsecure pocket and folded the jacket over my arm and BANG!

Hit the damn concrete. Was lying flat face up. Put dings around the eges of the screen. The screen did not break but my phone no longer looks minty. The screen glass did get a tiny chip along the edge. I don't know if it's glass or hard plastic. I took a couple hours with Brasso, Comet, water, a cloth, 260-grit sandpaper, 5,000 grit sandpaper and Novus plastic polish to try to put Humpty-Dumpty back together again. A little better but still not perfect. Using the 260-grit sandpaper along the plastic screen bezel to smooth out dings, I put some haze on the glass screen itself near the edges in a couple spots that now amount of Brasso and rubbing could clear up perfectly. There is no easy way to separate the screen surround from the glass.

They made this damn phone too thick and too long to fit my snapped-shut phone pocket. I thought the trend in high tech was to make things more compact and not bigger. Are phone makers and jacket makers in cahoots? Make bigger phones so people have to buy jackets with bigger phone pockets? If the stupid phone was just small enough to fit my existing phone pocket, this never would have happened.

I don't like to keep the phone in my larger lower jacket pocket because it bounces around down low. I will have to keep this phone in my fanny pack phone compartment from now on.

It's almost as bad to screw up a minty smartphone as it is to screw up your favorite gun, a nice watch or an automobile.
Sounds like you might be “ C “ Rich to me ……..

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
trolll.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom