Our dog is a wuss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't like to go outside when it's raining, guess afraid she will get her head wet. Goes to the doggie door, looks out and turns to look at me as if to say screw you I ain't going. Only way she will go out is if one of us goes with her. When it isn't raining she will run in and out like it some kind of game.

This is a rescue 2 year old Blue Healer (Cattle Dog), one would think she wouldn't be so darn finicky considering the breed. Only thing that bothers me is if she holds going potty too long it could lead to a kidney infection.

Sorry, just had to air my frustration a bit.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever since we rode out a tornado in the shelter, one our dogs gets antsy whenever it gets rainy or stormy. He was fearless before that.
He does go out to pee tho.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally just let her go out the front door, going out front is a treat to her, no fence, she can start on a covered porch and usually the only time she gets to go out front is if she is going for a ride. Was almost 12 hours since the last time she went out and I was getting concerned. When we first got her if we let her out front without a leash she would take off like a rabbit and I would have to chase her down with the golf cart. At least now she will come when called and doesn't go visit the neighbors dog. Dog training pays off...

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Lab/Border Collie mix is a big wuss too. She’s really brave through the window. Someone walks down the street and she lets out a blood curdling howl with barking and the hair is standing up on her back and she’s out for blood.

Open the door and she’s peeking out from behind me with her tail wagging, sometimes with a low growl.

She can feel bad weather coming. When she wedges herself between my recliner and the table next to the wall beside me, I know to check the weather. She will NOT be out of arms reach. She lets me know when she needs to go outside. If there is ANY lightning or thunder, her eyeballs will turn yellow before she goes out in that weather. She sticks to me like Velcro.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a female MinPin that hated rain and snow coming down. However, once the snow quit coming down and there was an accumulation on the ground, she would go to plowing through the snow like nobody's business. She loved it on the ground, but not in the air.

P0000685.jpg

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to let our English Bulldog out yesterday 4 times, he stepped out the first time and turned around came back in the house. The next 3 times I opened the door and he never took a step outside. Finally about 11:30 last night he ran out, took a quick pee and came back inside. He doesn't like the rain either.

angus 3.jpg
Angus 1.jpg

Last edited:

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
928885AC-B0F9-4847-B40C-C3F54372755B.jpeg

My dog will go out to go but stays in when it’s raining. After about 12 hours he will charge through anything because he has so much energy. He’s 25% blue heeler. He’s a tough solid dog for the most part. Super sweet and loves to cuddle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom