Our dog is a wuss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our Healer mix hates any sort of rain too. Our Pyrenees couldn't care less and will lay in a 37degree puddle of mud and water like it's a sauna. So it could be worse.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha! My 2 are the same way. Damned city dogs! (There will be NO DISCUSSION about who made them that way. :blush:)

Poor Nero usually likes the cooler weather but he cracked his ear on the entertainment center and has a hematoma that has gone DOWN to the size of a golfball. Thank goodness I had some steroids and antibiotics here. He's not going to any dog shows so I don't care if his ear breaks. No sense in going through the stress of a surgery when he will heal up just fine with a little time. But in the meantime I don't want him out in the rain cuz he shakes his head like crazy when water gets in his ears.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This one loves the snow but not thrilled about rain if it's heavy. Since he is stuck with a leash most of the time it doesn't bother me a ton. When it is raining heavy he will go down and pretty much drain his bladder in one spot. If it's cold he will take forever though since with the built in fur coat he wears it doesn't matter to him how cold it is. A doggy door would be great for him though it is a dream that probably will not happen. Would love to take him to someplace with a foot of snow or more on the ground so he can run and play.

mutt snow.jpg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dog might be a wuss, but she will, by God, go outside, rain, sleet, or snow, when it's time to go. She pooped on the floor once and she peed on the floor once, and both times I blistered the paint on the wall behind her, so she'd rather get wet or cold than take another ass chewing. She may not spend any more time than she has to spend out there, but she doesn't hesitate to go when I tell her to go potty.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Brittany loved the rain, sleet, and snow as long as he got to bird hunt. We had to shoot holes in the ice at the pond for him to drink from, then he would lay down in the muddy water like it was a hot tub or something. He probably ran 10 miles to our one during his hunts so I'm sure he was overheated and the bath was to cool him down. Our Shih Tzu mix rescue dog is a sissy. If it's raining he will just step off the porch, pee and run for the door. He thinks he's a bad a$$ though. A 1500 pound cow comes up to the back fence and he thinks it's invading his territory so he charges at full speed. The cow just looks at him with lazy eyes, and continues to eat while the little yapper makes a fool of himself. LOL.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ROFL, my mutt is afraid of cows. We were living in Lawton when we first got him and were on the way back from Wichita Falls and stopped at one of the little picnic area's. Had him walking around and went over by a fence to see if he would notice the cows. Well he finally did when one of them moved and as a little puppy he was dragging me away to go back to momma, LOL. I guess he figures something that big isn't supposed to move unless a person is inside of it and it has wheels.

Spent some of last night and today teaching him to play dead. He does pretty good right now. Point my finger at him and say "Bang" and he drops and grunts then lays on his side. Have to change it up though as if I do it to many times in a row he will be laid on his side before I can even point at him and say anything waiting for a treat. I think it took one five minute session to get him used to the idea and another to get him to be semi consistent. Then I started working on the "quick draw" style move where he will be sitting down or standing near me and I can just point a finger and say bang and he will drop where he is even though I had not been looking his way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom