Outback Steakhouse: No Rights, Just Rules(gun free zone rules for LEs)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 3 months back a group of us ate at the Edmond Outback. Decent service and decent food. There was 9 of us in the group and that sat us next to a table with 2 OHP troopers and 2 OK County sherif deputies. We got a good laugh because we all took our coats off and 8 of us were open carrying at that point. One of the sherifs looked at us and said "Well, looks like we will be y'alls backup then!" It was a good time and they chatted with us for quite awhile. Nobody with the restaurant said a word besides the manager who came and checked to make sure our service and food was good.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Darden sold off Red Lobster in 2014 or 2015, can't recall exactly. Don't recall seeing gun buster signs on Red Lobster doors.
You are correct, sir. I had to look back on the company servers to realize that I was giving outdated information. I hadn't paid attention to the fact that the Red Lobster files were no longer located under Darden. My apologies.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I happened to remember this one:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/11/man-fights-off-three-would-be-robbers-by-ignoring-sonics-gun-free-request/
Man Fights Off Three Would-Be Robbers by Ignoring Sonic’s Gun-Free Request
by AWR Hawkins
11 Feb 2015
On February 8, a customer who ignored Sonic’s request that “customers refrain from bringing guns to the restaurant” was able to pull his gun and shoot one of three alleged armed robbers, killing him and stopping the would-be robbery.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On February 8, a customer who ignored Sonic’s request that “customers refrain from bringing guns to the restaurant” was able to pull his gun and shoot one of three alleged armed robbers, killing him and stopping the would-be robbery.

A bit confused here. What does Sonic’s request that “customers refrain from bringing guns to the restaurant” - have to do with being in the drive-thru lane?

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Sonic owner or CEO was a big Hillary supporter, if I remember right.

IIRC He footed the bill for Bill to come to OKC to stump for Hillary during the primaries.

http://newsok.com/article/5479459
Bill Clinton to visit Oklahoma City for Sunday campaign event
by Silas Allen
Published: February 17, 2016 2:45 PM CDTUpdated: February 17, 2016 3:01 PM CDT

Latest posts

Top Bottom