Outlaw 2x72 grinder came today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wrap around and torch is all I've ever used.
I worked with a guy once who didn't wanna weld but couldn't run a torch well. I don't care if you chalked the pattern for him, fitup sucked. But sometimes he cut em too long and once he got done beating the braces into place they were a pleasure for me to weld up. He always claimed if he could step across the joint, I could weld it. Sommitch was right but damn them joints took 20 pounds of gap rod! Lol

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I love it. Sharpened up an ax and saddled some 1" pipe today. Perfect saddles in maybe 20 seconds. Usually the guy cutting gate rails for me while I weld em in place can't keep up. Now he'll be slinging saddled pipe at me so fast I'll never get to lift my welding hood. I've got a variety of grinding/sanding belts ranging from 36 grit to 3000 grit.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll bet those belts don't come cheap, I've never seen one like that at Harbor Freight.
Belts range from $2 to $20ish depending on belt composition. The orange one in the pictures is a 36grit ceramic that eats steel very fast and it cost $12. I tried some $5 belts and they seem to eat just as fast. The more expensive ceramic belts are supposed to last much longer.
You can get scotchbrite belts too. They're pretty expensive so I figured I better develop my skills before I bought one just to turn into a 72 scotchbrite strap.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a NICE one, especially with the variable speed attachment. Those things are EXPENSIVE.

LOL, Harbor freights is not a place to shop for quality tools, I picked up a 4" grinder for $9.95 with coupon and didn't get $2 worth of work out of it before the bushing went bad and threatened to blow up..
Buy once, cry once they say. Right??? Well, I hope!

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This isn't really gun related but we've got several workin folks around here that might be interested in seeing this I figured. I started lookin at em a few months ago and the videos/info is scarce. I ordered this around the first of December and UPS brought it today. I sure look forward to using it. I assembled and messed with it just a little this evening. It's got several attachments and configurations and can be run vertical or horizontal. Also sprung for the Kbac vfd so I have variable speed.
View attachment 130727
View attachment 130728
View attachment 130729 View attachment 130730
View attachment 130731
I’d like to have a shop like that in land in inola

Latest posts

Top Bottom