Outrageously Stupid Ammo Pricing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is beyond stupid; this is crazy. 50 rounds of .380ACP 95 gr FMJ for only $74.99! That's just 1.50 per round for half-way decent range fodder. Get it while it's hot boys, at this price, it won't last long! (Your bank account, that is).

https://www.surplusammo.com/products/380-auto-95-grain-fmc-magtech-50-rounds.html

Times have changed, the days of ammo dumps may be a thing of the past! This may even be a good thing in that you will darn sure learn to make every shot count; that every shot taken is carefully considered. It's only a little more than quadruple what used to be, and not that long ago!

(If anyone is considering this, or a similar "deal", PM me for an immediate and free ride to the nearest medical facility for a brain scan/psychiatric work-up).

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not surprising for those of us that lived through the previous ammo runs/shortages. But I’m not going to fuss and be outraged over it. I’ve pretty much accepted that it’s normal at this point to see ammo prices shoot up every time the wind changes.

380 ACP was particularly difficult to come by ~13 years ago because of the popularity of small pistols in that caliber and the limited production of 380 ammo. We didn’t have the plethora of small 9mm pistols back then that we do now.

The times changed a long time ago from my perspective.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sure don't remember prices go up this much the last time. A lot of common caliber ammo just wasn't available; and when it was, it wasn't at as drastic an increase as we're seeing today. Of course, 2020 is going to go down as the absolute worst of years in a long time: Dems on the loose running wild; demonstrations/protests/riots, COVID-19, Masks or no masks, Murder Hornets, Sahara Dust Cloud, an upcoming election of some mild importance to those of us who hold the 2A near and dear all this and more leads to a run on all things firearms related.

The only thing worse that could still happen, outside of getting nuked or maybe gassed, is if Biden wins. I shudder to think!

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Libs are secretly buying guns and ammo with the **** thats going on in cities now

You have the scum douche bag opportunists buying ammo to sell at outrageous prices

You have people thinking a civil war is now close

Plenty more reason too

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Libs are secretly buying guns and ammo with the **** thats going on in cities now

You have the scum douche bag opportunists buying ammo to sell at outrageous prices

You have people thinking a civil war is now close

Plenty more reason too

SMH. I’ve been hearing that next civil war is close for 30 years. It’s the biggest crock of BS that I’ve ever heard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom