Overheard at the gun counter....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Standing in Academy. Lady looks over and says her son (that also lives out of state) sent her in to get a pistol for him. Asks if I know where the Tortoise guns are...
Step 1. /facepalm at her attempt to describe a Taurus.
Step 2. Walk over to the counter and inform them of the shenanigans afoot.
Step 3. Stand back and watch the show as she gets denied for trying to make a straw purchase. (The clerk was polite and it was obvious the lady had no idea of the law)
Step 4. Watch her call her son and listen to her verbally strangle him for trying to get her in severe legal trouble.
Step 5. Walk away knowing that the son is going to get much worse than that verbal assault the next time Momma sees him.

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At a pawn shop in Moore maybe ten years ago I was looking around when a 20 something year old customer walks in straight to the counter and asks "What's the cheapest gun you got?" The employee pointed to a Jenning/Bryco J-22 type pistol in the glass case and the customer said "I'll take it" without even inspecting it. I decided to leave. That pawn shop went out of business not long after if I remember.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At a pawn shop in Moore maybe ten years ago I was looking around when a 20 something year old customer walks in straight to the counter and asks "What's the cheapest gun you got?" The employee pointed to a Jenning/Bryco J-22 type pistol in the glass case and the customer said "I'll take it" without even inspecting it. I decided to leave. That pawn shop went out of business not long after if I remember.

Was that the pawn shop on 4th and Santa Fe?

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"I need some 7.62x39 for my .308"

I had a guy at the gun counter hand me a box of 7.62x39 before when I asked for 7.62x51. I'm sure some lady somewhere came home with a box of Russian ammo from this goon that her husband asked her to pick up and got chewed out for getting the wrong stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom