Overheard at the gun counter....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only thing I have is a guy at Gander Mountain while I was killing time before a work meeting down in Texas didn’t know how to install a barrel and forend on a benelli shotgun. Also over heard a gun counter sales guy telling a presumably first time gun buyer that 22lr is the best defensive round there is also at a Gander Mountain.
Did someone mention Benelli? ...:hey3:

Last edited:

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 30 years ago, my brother had a gun booth at Old Paris Flea Market. We still laugh at some of the things we heard customers say ... but one of my favorites ...

We had a Remington 870 12 GA that came with an extra barrel. While the guy was looking at it, we told him it also had an extra barrel available. So he turns to his buddy and says ... Man! That would look bad with two barrels!

I bought a couple there back in the day but the 870 comment wasn't me!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At a local gun store, older couple looking to buy their 1st gun for protection. Salesman trying to push a revolver on them says,

"Good thing about a revolver is you can turn it around and see if it's loaded,"

which he promptly showed them how to do, with
the barrel pointing between his little brainless eyes....

I saw a vo-tech instructor teaching an entire class of armed security guards this maneuver at H&H one night. I ran out to the range to see WTF he thought he was doing because I couldn't believe my eyes! Lol He proceeded to tell me it was his class and he'd teach it the way he saw fit and no "WOOOHHH-MAN" was gonna tell him otherwise. Lol Challenge accepted. :hey3: To which I replied "Well this may be your class but this is my range and if I see you do that again you are outta here." Yep -- he complained. Nope I didn't lose my job. And nope he didn't teach that technique at the range any longer. Bastard probably just told them how to shoot themselves between the eyes in the classroom.

I drank like a fish the entire time I worked there. The things "knowledgeable" people do ... Yikes!

Latest posts

Top Bottom