Overheard at the gun counter....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn’t you mean extractor instead of ejector? Kinda like the difference between clip and magazine.
:scratch: :wink2: :rollingla
Look at various diagrams. Same animal but sometimes has different names.

Probably is more often called an extractor though.
:drunk2:

EDIT: Hmmm... ya know, you were right. The ejector is what the case backs into that pops it loose from the extractor and sends it out of the firearm.

Lol, I need to pay more attention... :hithead:

Last edited:

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at various diagrams. Same animal but sometimes has different names.

Probably is more often called an extractor though.
:drunk2:

EDIT: Hmmm... ya know, you were right. The ejector is what the case backs into that pops it loose from the extractor and sends it out of the firearm.

Lol, I need to pay more attention... :hithead:

MacFromOK, I thought I would use your mistake on ejector/extractor to rattle your cage/yank your chain just a little bit and get even. Remember this exchange we had on clips/magazines about three years ago. You’ll have to read just about all of the posts to get the gist of it: :mean: :wink2: :rollingla

Link:
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/22-round-glock-mag-its-yuge.246758/

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 30 years ago, my brother had a gun booth at Old Paris Flea Market. We still laugh at some of the things we heard customers say ... but one of my favorites ...

We had a Remington 870 12 GA that came with an extra barrel. While the guy was looking at it, we told him it also had an extra barrel available. So he turns to his buddy and says ... Man! That would look bad with two barrels!
R D and MR. Carson?

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where do you put the batteries in this thing?........just kidding.

When I was just a kid, Sears had long guns listed in their catalog.
I was looking at some kind of semi-automatic gun, I don't remember now, but the description said it was "gas operated."
And my young mind looked at the picture of the firearm and said "Where the h--- would you pour in the gas to make it work?"
Seriously, I wondered that.
The innocence of youth I guess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom