Overheard at the gun counter....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
upload_2020-11-1_14-51-18.jpeg

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in a gun shop yesterday and a young man was looking at what I think they said was an AK (I know nothing about long guns). The young man really wants it at the currently posted price, but his dad suggested he wait until after the first of the year when prices will probably drop.

He asked the shop owner what he thought and the owner told him that he doesn't know of anything that leads him to think prices will go lower after the first of the year, nor will supply will be dramatically increased.

He told the young man he wasn't in any way pressuring him to buy the gun as it will sell at the listed price and that what he told him was just his opinion from years in the gun business, what his suppliers were telling him, and what the political environment looks to be.

The young man was polite and thanked him, but told him he would wait.

Wonder who was right?

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the boy is lucky that his Dad had taught him enough to know that he could trust Dad.

It would be a toss of the dice as to the gun retail environment next year...........

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was just a kid, Sears had long guns listed in their catalog.
I was looking at some kind of semi-automatic gun, I don't remember now, but the description said it was "gas operated."
And my young mind looked at the picture of the firearm and said "Where the h--- would you pour in the gas to make it work?"
Seriously, I wondered that.
The innocence of youth I guess.

I have had grown people ask that question

Latest posts

Top Bottom