Overheard at the gun counter....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The secret gasoline tank is right behind the license tag, just like in the 70's. Don't tell anybody, it's a secret.
Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice...... That is where the blinker fluid goes and I’m good in that department. I bought the extended plus plan at the dealership for the lifetime supply and extra life muffler bearings (made with puppy tears)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice...... That is where the blinker fluid goes and I’m good in that department. I bought the extended plus plan at the dealership for the lifetime supply and extra life muffler bearings (made with puppy tears)
You haven't bought the chrome canipulator though. It's aftermarket and is guaranteed to extend the life of the muffler.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard that you can buy 380 for your 9 it’s the EXACT SAME THING! plus you can cram an extra round or two into that 35 clip. Id post a pix but I gotta figure out how to get ziploc baggies of gas poured into my Tesla before it runs out of gas

Honest to God (in fact I may have already posted this here) but an employee at Academy did his gut level best to convince me that .357SIG was interchangeable with .357MAG and that I could, indeedy, use that .357MAG he had on the shelf in my Glock31.:slap:

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honest to God (in fact I may have already posted this here) but an employee at Academy did his gut level best to convince me that .357SIG was interchangeable with .357MAG and that I could, indeedy, use that .357MAG he had on the shelf in my Glock31.:slap:

I use to work there, and can verify that yes folks are THAT dumb there. I got the job while I was taking an EMT course some years back. I walked in and they said that the gun bar job was full and they weren't looking for anyone else. I made the argument that while the 18-20 year old kids back there could show a firearm, I could sell them. The manager didn't understand so I told her that we could go to the gun bar and she could pick out just about any gun (God please not the pico) and I could discuss and explain why it was a good option. She proceeded to point at a Mossberg ATR in .308 and promptly got schooled in why it was the best sub 300 dollar bolt gun they had and was a great option and contender for rifles double their price point. I went over some of the features, advantages, and benefits, and told her how I could match them to people's wants, interests, and needs (wins to fabs) I walked away with a job that day.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use to work there, and can verify that yes folks are THAT dumb there. I got the job while I was taking an EMT course some years back. I walked in and they said that the gun bar job was full and they weren't looking for anyone else. I made the argument that while the 18-20 year old kids back there could show a firearm, I could sell them. The manager didn't understand so I told her that we could go to the gun bar and she could pick out just about any gun (God please not the pico) and I could discuss and explain why it was a good option. She proceeded to point at a Mossberg ATR in .308 and promptly got schooled in why it was the best sub 300 dollar bolt gun they had and was a great option and contender for rifles double their price point. I went over some of the features, advantages, and benefits, and told her how I could match them to people's wants, interests, and needs (wins to fabs) I walked away with a job that day.

Now THAT'S how you get a job! guaranteed there aren't 5 kids in my son's entire freaking high school who could sell themselves that way. Sad...

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"That seems kinda cheap, I think I'll pass"
Ha! That coulda been me at a LGS 4-5 years ago. :D

The guy handed me a nearly all plastic (and cheap plastic at that) 1911-ish looking thing that came in neon pink and neon lime-green. It was pretty cheap (maybe $200-ish?) and weighed almost nothing. I told him no thanks, that it looked like a toy.

Didn't even look at or inquire about the mfr.
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom