Overheard at the gun counter....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha! That coulda been me at a LGS 4-5 years ago. :D

The guy handed me a nearly all plastic (and cheap plastic at that) 1911-ish looking thing that came in neon pink and neon lime-green. It was pretty cheap (maybe $200-ish?) and weighed almost nothing. I told him no thanks, that it looked like a toy.

Didn't even look at or inquire about the mfr.
:drunk2:
Like me looking at a High Point 45. I have never seen or handled one. It was $289 at my LGS and I made sure I wiped my fingerprints off of it before I handed it back to the clerk.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like me looking at a High Point 45. I have never seen or handled one. It was $289 at my LGS and I made sure I wiped my fingerprints off of it before I handed it back to the clerk.
I don't have a problem with Hi-Points (cheap, lifetime warranty, and they work), but $289 sounds awfully expensive for one. :shocked:

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Hi-Points (cheap, lifetime warranty, and they work), but $289 sounds awfully expensive for one. :shocked:

$289 is a lot for a gun covered in $100 bills.

AF166739-F1BA-4AC2-B25B-C4C9264584AE.jpeg

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha! That coulda been me at a LGS 4-5 years ago. :D

The guy handed me a nearly all plastic (and cheap plastic at that) 1911-ish looking thing that came in neon pink and neon lime-green. It was pretty cheap (maybe $200-ish?) and weighed almost nothing. I told him no thanks, that it looked like a toy.

Didn't even look at or inquire about the mfr.
:drunk2:

Was it these?

112717.jpg
SCCY PINK.JPG

Chris Hladik

Marksman
Reaction score
Today, the wife and I were at Cabela's. We were next in line at the ammo cart and a guy jumps in behind us, cutting in front of 4 or 5 other people, and says "I got a non-ammo related question." The guys behind the counter were pretty busy and once I finally got my five boxes, the guy was already checking out with his five.

Latest posts

Top Bottom