Overheard at the gun counter....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm headed there tomorrow. Should I tell them?

1667190050433.png

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wasn’t the gun counter, but instead behind the trap line. Me and another dad discussing our kids new (to them) Beretta shotguns they got for Christmas. Local know it all/gun shop owner/wannabe gunsmith comes over and tells the other dad that his sons over/under is too tight for him and to bring it to the shop, he’ll “fix it” when asked what it needed he said “it just needs some taken off, I’ll hit it with the dremmel and get it right”

Said “gunsmith” then proceeded to go back to swapping out parts and guns on his sons every other shot (currently on the trap line) so that their guns could make it through the 25 shots.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wasn’t the gun counter, but instead behind the trap line. Me and another dad discussing our kids new (to them) Beretta shotguns they got for Christmas. Local know it all/gun shop owner/wannabe gunsmith comes over and tells the other dad that his sons over/under is too tight for him and to bring it to the shop, he’ll “fix it” when asked what it needed he said “it just needs some taken off, I’ll hit it with the dremmel and get it right”

Said “gunsmith” then proceeded to go back to swapping out parts and guns on his sons every other shot (currently on the trap line) so that their guns could make it through the 25 shots.
Da hell you will!

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's NEW, it better be tight.

REAL gunsmiths love Dremel tools. They get lots of work from idgets that own them.
Well, seems like the the ‘gunsmith’ was trained in the red light district by the well seasoned professionals. Loose tolerances and you must be very liberal with the lube.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That reminds me of a time I was at a guitar seminar in a guitar store, and I was looking at a really nice Taylor hanging on the wall near the ceiling slightly behind me and to my left. Another guy attending handed me his business card and said, "I can fix that neck." I looked back at the guitar and thought, what's wrong with the neck? I don't see anything wrong with the neck from here? And how can HE tell there's anything wrong with the neck from THERE? And why wouldn't the store owner have already, or get the neck fixed under warranty, so I didn't need HIM to fix the neck? Then I looked at his card. He was a chiropractor, and I guess the way I had my head tilted over and twisted prompted him to offer to fix MY neck. Which just shows, if there's a nice guitar around, my attention is probably more focused on that than my own health and welfare. Which explains why I often mention buying more guitars to my wife....:pms2:

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years back I had to try to convince a young Tinker airman that it wasn't possible to convert his .22 Mag rifle to .22-250 Remington. No....................seriously!

Even after explaining the difference between a rimfire system and a centerfire system - and the massive pressure difference between the two cartridges - his answer was always the same. "But they're both .22s!" :faint:

Latest posts

Top Bottom