Overwhelmed looking for first can

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sooooo when it comes to .22 I have the DA Mask..... helluva can.... and you're gonna be splitting hairs when it comes to performance IMO. Most cans out there perform very well from what I've seen. On a pistol anyways. I will be buying a Switchback and a Rugged Oculus in the future. Basically, from here on out I want my cans to have versatility.

Great choice on the Wolfman, great can.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sooooo when it comes to .22 I have the DA Mask..... helluva can.... and you're gonna be splitting hairs when it comes to performance IMO. Most cans out there perform very well from what I've seen. On a pistol anyways. I will be buying a Switchback and a Rugged Oculus in the future. Basically, from here on out I want my cans to have versatility.

Great choice on the Wolfman, great can.
Soooo, May have stopped by ssp again today and ordered a switchback… We can compare in who knows how long :)

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve not found that site useful, example they tested a single 22 can, but in 4 different configurations. What about the 487 other 22 cans?
Might not be super useful right now because they are just getting going, so won’t have data on every can on the market but should have good data on the cans that they have tested so far.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Soooo, May have stopped by ssp again today and ordered a switchback… We can compare in who knows how long :)

That little can is awesome. Now forget you bought it... :D And it will be like Christmas when they call you for these two cans.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After buying a Tac-65 rimfire can, shooting thru it for a while, then following the manual’s instructions for cleaning it, boy o boy.. Ended up using a friend’s blast booth on the baffles. Then obtained a Ti-Rant 45 for my Kimber Gold Match, worked great. Was disappointed and repulsed at the complexity of the baffle stack on that one. Followed the manual’s procedure, got it cleaned and reassembled. Never want to experience that again. Would like a dedicated 9MM can for my Sig Carry Tactical P320, but ONLY if some manufacturer can produce a one piece baffle or some kind of technical advancement from these maintenance nightmares currently available.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Part 3: I derped and realized you were looking for PCC cans and IIRC some of the SiCo cans are quite quiet.
I'll shut up now since all that was for naught. Maybe it'll help someone else lol.
I have avoided buying a 9mm/300BO can because then I'd have a reason to build another rifle and 300BO is kind of hard to feed these days.
Edit again:
The top contender for me for a universal can was the SiCo Hybrid 46.
"9mm to .45ACP, rifle calibers from 5.56mm to .45–70", 14.1 oz, and
9MM: 125.7 dB
45 ACP: 130.8 dB
5.56 NATO: 130.4 dB
7.62MM: 136.4 dB
458 SOCOM: 138.3 dB
45-70 GOV: 140.6 dB
300 BLK: 123.7 dB

Not the best numbers but not shabby at all for a do-all can.

Edit #457:
As for a comparable Rex can, you have this for a whopping $479 MSRP:
https://rexsilentium.com/MG7-K-Rifle-Suppressor-358-9mm-p148946052
308 Winchester (7.62 NATO)
20" Barrel: 152.70
12.5" Barrel: 150.56

223 Remington (5.56 NATO)
10.5" Barrel: 141.42
24" Barrel: 147.14

300 Blackout (subsonic)
16" Barrel: 136.64

7MM Rem Mag
24" Barrel: 154.30

9MM (subsonic )
Glock 19: 131.97
Kriss Vector: 135.58

338 Lapua
26" Barrel: 156.81
Lot of intel you laid out in 3 parts, So, I'll say Thanks bro. Even though I have no can in my future.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why clean them? They sound better the more you shoot thru it.
I’m probably going to follow that line of thinking, now. Might just be me being ocd or overreacting about suppressor maintenance. Seemed like the Ti-Rant had three different configurations of baffles, clock the blast baffles this way, the next three that way, the next two the other way. Jesus H Christ!

Rustytigwire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Search "Helmholtz Chamber"
At some level it's a muffler and they're all going to work reasonably well. Beyond that some have a great deal of acoustic design but in the end it's what it sounds like in your application.

Latest posts

Top Bottom