Owasso Government Lacks Transparency

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You mean those commercials about integrity and character a few years back were not true????

From the sound of those commercials, I thought Owasso full of saints who tread upon streets of gold while choirs sang hosannas. :woot:

I honestly don't care what their city council does, because that's what it's like compared to North Tulsa.

I love and prefer to go to Owasso for anything I need to get, even though I could probably find it closer, albeit having to wear a hoody. . .

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So...you don't care if elected officials & public servants operate above the law?

Let me trade places with anyone living in Owasso(as long as our budget ins and outs are the same) and we'll see. If I find that I can stomach it, like I have little choice(votey vote blahdy blah) to do with the rest of the .gov, I may or may not change my answer.

On the other hand, maybe it wasn't satirical enough to begin with, since I'm not an Owasso resident.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not just that pompous a$$ Rodney Ray, it's the lapdog city council he has sitting around him. Go to a city council meeting, they defer to Hot Rod so much I wonder why we even need them around. They are truly unqualified to run a city. Case in point, Owasso is one of the fastest growing communities in the area and they wanted to re-model the YMCA to handle the growing numbers of members. We pump millions of dollars into a project that really in the end benefits the YMCA more than the city and it's a joke. The facility is not even close to being big enough to handle the people we already have out here much less the expected growth over the next decade. The fees are outrageous, although they are very willing to giving out free memberships to anyone who doesn't pay taxes. They have several large areas where they could have built a much nicer and larger facility similar to the one in Claremore and probably could have done it cheaper so the member fees weren't outrageous and I'd be happy. Why can't they try to make me happy?(sarcastic) Anyway, anybody who tries to come in and make things make sense is dismissed and drug through the mud and it seems most voters just don't care, they just automatically vote for the incumbent.

Looking back on my post, I shouldn't make a sweeping statement like that about the city council as a whole but I have yet to see a meeting since the last election where someone has stood up to Hot Rod and his boys(Cataudella, Bonebrake)

Latest posts

Top Bottom