Owls. Good omen or bad omen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I was little we had a Barn Owl that has been hit by a truck. Had its wing broken. My dad splinted it and it lived in our dinning room for 8 weeks. It about gave my mom fits. When it was well we turned it loose. My mom thougt its eating habits were gross. of course my did had me trapping mice all over the country. When we got a live one it was cool to watch him eat it. We called him Hoover.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it appears the owl has moved on. I'm sure he had his fill of field mice and/or a neighbors cat. I can't say I faired any better or worse from his visit. I think I'll miss him.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it appears the owl has moved on. I'm sure he had his fill of field mice.

He must be over here at my place. This is the first year that I can remember since Ive been in Oklahoma that we havent had a mouse problem. Usually Im killin em one after another. Not one all summer, fall or winter. Yet.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I guess owls aren't all that bad. I've had two chatting it up in the backyard for awhile now and I'm still alive.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here. Its usually fall when the grasshoppers get big in the yard that our owls visit. They sit in the trees, and watch for them in the short grass. Easy pickins.

Latest posts

Top Bottom