Own crypto’s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It depends on your crypto. I only invest in BTC. There's a reason all other coins are called S-coins. (Crap coins).

Generally the process is this: Get the coin's software. Download the blockchain and make a "wallet" (basically a long number) in the coin's software. Send your coins on the exchanges to that address. Then be free. Back up those keys though. If you're owning your wallet, you alone are responsible for the security of your keys (think of it like your password). Store it on paper in a safe in the ground under a concrete slab so your ancestors can find it. NOT in a safe deposit box, which is anything but secure.
Paper? Like money? Like a dollar bill, Ya'll?

Crypto currency, in my very own personal opinion is a weak attempt to undermine everything of value that our economy is based on which makes me leery to invest in or waste my time on. It is fun to watch the "experts" pontificate on what a person should do with their real money that they have somehow earned only to lose it in a currency/coin that too many passwords all of a sudden don't work to unleash their value.

I am staying out of the digital currency world, but our kids are firm believers that this is the way of the future which I think is very odd and an indication of how our offspring have become disgruntled with the notion of earning the same dollars that I worked hard to accumulate because if they just create a newer dollar (that paper with the password on it) they won't have to support our economy somehow.

Once again, totally my own opinion and I have begun to see ATM's here in the metro that have some type of Bitcoin interoperability, but I have yet to see someone using that same ATM.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Paper? Like money? Like a dollar bill, Ya'll?

Crypto currency, in my very own personal opinion is a weak attempt to undermine everything of value that our economy is based on which makes me leery to invest in or waste my time on. It is fun to watch the "experts" pontificate on what a person should do with their real money that they have somehow earned only to lose it in a currency/coin that too many passwords all of a sudden don't work to unleash their value.

I am staying out of the digital currency world, but our kids are firm believers that this is the way of the future which I think is very odd and an indication of how our offspring have become disgruntled with the notion of earning the same dollars that I worked hard to accumulate because if they just create a newer dollar (that paper with the password on it) they won't have to support our economy somehow.

Once again, totally my own opinion and I have begun to see ATM's here in the metro that have some type of Bitcoin interoperability, but I have yet to see someone using that same ATM.
You do realize our government is heading the direction of a crypto currency to replace the paper dollar? Then they can control our purchases, the money supply and handouts much more efficiently and effectively. They should be rolling it out next year.

Oh and they will ban or make illegal any other cryptos. Kind of like they did gold.

As soon as the peasants are begging for help, the .gov will magically save the day.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/central-bank-digital-currency.htm
https://www.federalreserve.gov/publications/files/money-and-payments-20220120.pdf

Last edited:

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You do realize our government is heading the direction of a crypto currency to replace the paper dollar? Then they can control our purchases, the money supply and handouts much more efficiently and effectively. They should be rolling it out next year.

Oh and they will ban or make illegal any other cryptos. Kind of like they did gold.

As soon as the peasants are begging for help, the .gov will magically save the day.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/central-bank-digital-currency.htm
https://www.federalreserve.gov/publications/files/money-and-payments-20220120.pdf
The link leads me to believe a discussion paper has been introduced to explore the pro’s and con’s of digital currency.

I don’t see where it states that we are headed towards anything but a discussion and I’m ok with the big heads learning the ways of today, I am sure there will be something positive that results from their homework.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The link leads me to believe a discussion paper has been introduced to explore the pro’s and con’s of digital currency.

I don’t see where it states that we are headed towards anything but a discussion and I’m ok with the big heads learning the ways of today, I am sure there will be something positive that results from their homework.
I’ll have to find it, but I read somewhere that it will be implemented in 2023.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no idea, hopefully they get all the bugs worked out or I spend all of my real money before it becomes too weak to compete.

Good info! Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom