P365 count me in.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was really wanting this gun. I shot a buddies today and now I’m on the fence. He did only have the ten round magazines though and I believe the 12’s are slightly longer. The gun seemed almost too small in my hands. I was able to get hits on steel out to about 15 yards, and recoil wasn’t that bad for a small gun. Rapid shots were not good for me. Now, granted, I only shot about 50 rounds. I thought the trigger was ok.
I’m not sure I want this gun now and am moving it down the ‘acquire’ list. I did shoot, again, the M11A1 which is a neat little gun and not much larger. I really like that gun and can shoot it well. Went 14 of 15 on the plate rack at 15 yards. I would probably buy the M11 before the 365 at this point. And, yes, I understand these firearms have vast differences and different missions.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should probably get a loader like you got though.

Only cost me $28, and it works waay better than the ones that are included with some guns. Go ahead and redirect some of your ammo budget towards one. Can't go wrong. Actually, one of my friends from work has a deformed hand and it's all he uses anymore. It's advertised to fit any magazine from 9mm - .45acp, except for magnum mags (not even sure what those are).

Worked fine for me today.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was really wanting this gun. I shot a buddies today and now I’m on the fence. He did only have the ten round magazines though and I believe the 12’s are slightly longer. The gun seemed almost too small in my hands. I was able to get hits on steel out to about 15 yards, and recoil wasn’t that bad for a small gun. Rapid shots were not good for me. Now, granted, I only shot about 50 rounds. I thought the trigger was ok.
I’m not sure I want this gun now and am moving it down the ‘acquire’ list. I did shoot, again, the M11A1 which is a neat little gun and not much larger. I really like that gun and can shoot it well. Went 14 of 15 on the plate rack at 15 yards. I would probably buy the M11 before the 365 at this point. And, yes, I understand these firearms have vast differences and different missions.

Definitely make up your mind soon because Academy is having a special on them with the price being $499 and also are selling the 12 rounders for $29.99. They were sold out of magazines when I bought mine in the store, but the kid at the counter back ordered one for me online. If you're good with visualizing measurements, the guy at the counter told me the 12 rounder is 1/8th of an inch longer than the standard magazine with the pinky extension. I have slightly smaller hand than average, so my pinky only halfway hangs off the standard mag.

Last edited:

RagdollOp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have noticed on mine that after I cleaned the firing pin it seemed to have less drag on the primers. Also, I have noticed that different brands of ammo had more drag than others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 124 grain had better manageable recoil and better grouping so I'm gonna run Federal 124 HST in the P365 and use the Federal 147 HST in my P225A.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only cost me $28, and it works waay better than the ones that are included with some guns. Go ahead and redirect some of your ammo budget towards one. Can't go wrong. Actually, one of my friends from work has a deformed hand and it's all he uses anymore. It's advertised to fit any magazine from 9mm - .45acp, except for magnum mags (not even sure what those are).

Worked fine for me today.
Great tool.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The 12 round magazine makes all the difference for me. It still feels small but the extra length in both the front and back strap helps me. The factory 10 with the pinkie support lack support on the back. I can shoot it with the flat one, but accuracy out to 25 yards greatly increases with the 12.

I also had to change to a #8 front sight. It was hitting about 2.5” low at 20yards with the stock sights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom