Pacem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a magnesium and striker in my back pack that I use for hunting.
Been in there for years without needing it, but one day it might be necessary.
Good purchase!
You will need it the first time you take it out and forget it. That’s what usually happens to me with something I decide to not bring.

Gypsy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bic lighters can be dried out pretty quickly. Take off the safety and run the flint wheel? over your your pants or something dry until it sparks again. Toilet paper compressed in a ziplock (why not with a lighter) as kindling.

If your lighter is wet, more than likely everything is wet and will be a pita to start a fire anyway. Best to keep awares of what the sky is doing.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bic lighters can be dried out pretty quickly. Take off the safety and run the flint wheel? over your your pants or something dry until it sparks again. Toilet paper compressed in a ziplock (why not with a lighter) as kindling.

If your lighter is wet, more than likely everything is wet and will be a pita to start a fire anyway. Best to keep awares of what the sky is doing.

When I was camping, Fritos were my kindling. Amazing how long they'd burn --- did stink a touch, though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A 9V battery and 0000 steel wool across the terminals of the battery will generate an instant fire in the steel wool. Yes, steel wool will burn and it will do it at high altitudes so have kindling handy to continue the fire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom