Package tracking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My favorite was last year I ordered a part for my truck from Amazon. I didn’t realize that I had actually ordered from Jegs through Amazon. I get the confirmation email from Amazon with another follow up from Jegs. Ok, cool, nice customer service. I then get a UPS shipment number notification from both companies, and it was the same number from both. No big deal. Then I get notification that the item shipped… from both Companies. I check the tracking number and nothing, no updates to Ups. 3 days went buy with no updates in UPS. On the fourth day a package arrives from Jegs. Wahoo, my part is here! Install it and the truck is back on the road. I checked UPS and the number on the box was the same as what I had originally recieved, but ups still didn’t have any tracking information. Whatever, I have my part.

Come home the fifth day and I have an Amazon package on the front porch. Open it up and there is another identical part inside as what I recieved from Jegs the day before. It has an Amazon tracking number on it. Now I’m confused… Amazon sent me a confirmation email with a UPS tracking number not an Amazon TBA #.

I call up customer service at Jegs and explained the situation. They said they didn’t know what to tell me, they shipped one item for one order that I paid for. Keep the extra, don’t worry about it because it’s Amazon’s problem. Cool, I’m good with Jegs.

Call Amazon and explained the situation. Same thing, they said don’t worry about it that it’s an issue with Jegs, not Amazon. Well alrighty then.

So now I have an extra electronic coil for my truck that I got for free. But that’s not the funny part…

1 week after receiving the shipment from Jegs through UPS I get a notification from UPS that I have a package scheduled for delivery with that original tracking number. The delivery date comes and goes and I check the tracking information which had previously been blank - now it shows delivered and on the same date that they dropped the package from Jegs off to my house. No other information in the tracking history, just a delivered on date.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a different experience last week from Midway. I ordered a threaded 1911 barrel. Went to check out and it showed on sale at like a 30% discount. Then it said any order over $49 free shipping. Well, I figure it would go the usual slow boat from china route if I ever saw it. Bouncing all over the US. But guess what, it got here in 2 days. I was shocked. Never had anything come that fast from Midway.

Robert Mettler

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last few orders I've made with Midway have been a pain in the ass. They ship very fast, but once it leaves their facility, God only knows what happens.

I placed my order back on Friday, 08/20. It shipped on Saturday 08/21 and arrived at OKC on Sunday 08/22 and has been sitting there since.

Pay a little extra for the next tier up on the shipping. I believe it's UPS ground for just a few dollars more. It'll save you lots of aggravation and frustration.
Anything midway ships that comes ups mail solutions will take forever

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My last Midway order was placed 8/25. I chose the free shipping. The estimated delivery date was 9/9.
UPS sent me an email saying the delivery date was to be 8/31.
Then another saying the delivery date was 8/28.
It was on my porch on 8/27.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Argh. As of a couple hours ago, I'm dealing with a FedEx delivery glitch of hospice supplies for Sweetie. We only got a partial delivery.

The main problem is that I can't deal with the supply company (Medline) directly, because the hospice service orders/pays and my wife is just the recipient.

It's always sumthin' ... :anyone:
___

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Argh. As of a couple hours ago, I'm dealing with a FedEx delivery glitch of hospice supplies for Sweetie. We only got a partial delivery.

The main problem is that I can't deal with the supply company (Medline) directly, because the hospice service orders/pays and my wife is just the recipient.

It's always sumthin' ... :anyone:
___
FedEx sucks. They also lie. I have had three packages delivered by them to my house. Funny part is, none actually arrived. Calls to their customer service are pointless. They use a call center in southern Asia who will tell you anything they think you need to hear to get you off the phone. They tell you that they will contact the driver. They don't. They say they'll open a case but never get back to you. They tell you that while they don't have a photo of your item at the delivery location they do have a driver generated GPS pin drop marking the location and date/time of the delivery. They don't. They told me all of these lies in June. Miraculously the package showed up six weeks later looking like it had been on a porch exposed to moisture and sunlight. Last week on back to back days I had two ghost packages delivered. The drivers on my route are either thieves or incompetent. The fact that the company is covering for them by lying and failing to find the lost packages puts FedEx under all of the delivery services in my book.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FedEx sucks. They also lie. I have had three packages delivered by them to my house. Funny part is, none actually arrived. Calls to their customer service are pointless. They use a call center in southern Asia who will tell you anything they think you need to hear to get you off the phone. They tell you that they will contact the driver. They don't. They say they'll open a case but never get back to you. They tell you that while they don't have a photo of your item at the delivery location they do have a driver generated GPS pin drop marking the location and date/time of the delivery. They don't. They told me all of these lies in June. Miraculously the package showed up six weeks later looking like it had been on a porch exposed to moisture and sunlight. Last week on back to back days I had two ghost packages delivered. The drivers on my route are either thieves or incompetent. The fact that the company is covering for them by lying and failing to find the lost packages puts FedEx under all of the delivery services in my book.
I got a Nest doorbell cam specifically because of Fedex lies that they delivered packages.

Latest posts

Top Bottom