Package Weather Delays

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
As most of you know I’ve been retired from district operations manager with USPS for quite a while but I still kind of follow trends and changes in delivery by different companies. This week I had a new mower coming by FedEx sent Monday from Utah. It arrived today after being delayed 1 day in Bedford Texas. FedEx tracking was perfect along the way and showed the delay due to weather. I also had a camera sent USPS from Michigan mailed on Tuesday. It arrived in Dallas on time but was dispatched a day late with no explanation provided in tracking. I haven’t got it yet but should tomorrow.
What’s amusing is the area USPS office is in Dallas and I always had to report any operational delays to them daily when we had weather. Kind of wish I was still working so I could call them up and give them crap about delaying mail due to a little weather. I sure miss the days of neither rain, not snow, etc……. Not really, now I’m just an old guy waiting and griping when my mail is late.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As most of you know I’ve been retired from district operations manager with USPS for quite a while but I still kind of follow trends and changes in delivery by different companies. This week I had a new mower coming by FedEx sent Monday from Utah. It arrived today after being delayed 1 day in Bedford Texas. FedEx tracking was perfect along the way and showed the delay due to weather. I also had a camera sent USPS from Michigan mailed on Tuesday. It arrived in Dallas on time but was dispatched a day late with no explanation provided in tracking. I haven’t got it yet but should tomorrow.
What’s amusing is the area USPS office is in Dallas and I always had to report any operational delays to them daily when we had weather. Kind of wish I was still working so I could call them up and give them crap about delaying mail due to a little weather. I sure miss the days of neither rain, not snow, etc……. Not really, now I’m just an old guy waiting and griping when my mail is late.
I had a fedex package delayed for 3 days in dfw. Best part, they would send me 3 texts (one for each box) that it was scheduled for x date and in this time window, then send more texts 5 minutes later to delay them all again. That happened 4 days in a row.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
USPS hasn't functioned correctly in a long time now, they are slowly putting themselves out of business and I honestly won't miss them when they go. Priority mail used to be fast and reliable in the last two years I have had packages end up missing for a month and routed to the opposite ends of the country .

Just not worth the hassle to be honest .

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a fedex package delayed for 3 days in dfw. Best part, they would send me 3 texts (one for each box) that it was scheduled for x date and in this time window, then send more texts 5 minutes later to delay them all again. That happened 4 days in a row.
I had a crap load of them delayed this week, including a controller for my spinal stimulator. That thing should have been here Wednesday overnight, but isn't going to show up till today.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took my pre-employment drug test in Elk City on Monday, and got notice today that it still hasn't arrived in KS as of this morning! Guess I'll have an extra day or two off next week!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a fedex package delayed for 3 days in dfw.

Yeah...I had 2 sit in DFW from Tues until delivery today. Only missed one day of mail. And, I had someone mail a package to me from Grand Junction, CO on Wed and it arrived today...1 day ahead of schedule.

I'm usually a fan of the USPS over FedEx or UPS. But I gotta say, the Ada Post Office is by far the most problematic post office I've ever dealt with.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah...I had 2 sit in DFW from Tues until delivery today. Only missed one day of mail. And, I had someone mail a package to me from Grand Junction, CO on Wed and it arrived today...1 day ahead of schedule.

I'm usually a fan of the USPS over FedEx or UPS. But I gotta say, the Ada Post Office is by far the most problematic post office I've ever dealt with.

Try the Okmulgee post office on for size then, they deliver when they feel like it not when it was actually supposed to be delivered.

Latest posts

Top Bottom