Paint a stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick if you do something like this to it it's literally a 2 minute touchup if you get it too dinged up for your liking. Don't like the color scheme? Start with black, brown or OD. The base coat is the predominant color.

Use what you want and add as you see fit. You can also use grass, leaves, burlap, etc. for patterning. I just used a sponge on this for the specific reason that if it gets beat up, spray some paint on some cardboard, dab a sponge into it and pat those bad spot(s). It'll makes those spots just disappear. :thumb: IMG_0305.jpeg

Last edited:

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
The GB guns have some value with that stock - personally, I'd leave it as is.
So IMO, if you have to paint it, use something that will come off fairly easy with zip strip...Like Krylon camo or Rustoleum camo. Both are pretty durable and can be removed without jacking up the stock, which was the reason for my first Q.

Secondly, make sure you consider what a brown painted stock will look like when you're done...it won't look much like wood. It will look like a chocolate bar or Poo. It always does.

Either a solid lighter color, or black, or a camo pattern would look good.

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your doctor lets you use paint???
What they do not know will not hurt me. Seriously if I do it, it will be when the weather warms up enough to do it outdoors and I will wear a protective mask. I may just watch E-bay for a used wood stock and keep the plastic to put back on if I ever sell it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom