Painted finger nails

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My younger son has done it and they were black.
He is a flat bed semi truck driver and married and has a great son and I asked him what is the deal with the black painted nails.

He said he always has grease under his nails and said painting them hides all the grease.
I have not noticed his nails lately but it was only odd to me the first couple times I seen them.

I would rather he do that than smoke cigarettes which he also does.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not my bag personally, but if my daughter wanted to paint my nails I would let her.

In the grand scheme of things, painted nails, tattoos, piercings, crazy hair color, etc. just do not register to me. How someone carries themselves and interacts with the people around them is where I typically start making assumptions.

I will say the ones that are obviously doing it purely for attention or shock value are pretty obnoxious, but I think that way about anyone who requires that much attention to feel fulfilled. I have found most do it because they like the way it looks when they see themselves in the mirror, good for them.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I once did something to damage a nail (seems like something sharp got jabbed into it just above the cuticle, but it has been a looong time). It kept splitting, so I painted it with clear polish until the damage grew out.

If my nieces wanted to paint my fingernails, I'd probably let them. I let them braid my beard, and when I had a fine head of Rona hair going, I let them braid that. I'm secure enough in my manhood that I can humor them, and if you don't like it, I'll knock the crap out of you with my purse.

Dang-it, Man...

...it's a "murse," not a purse.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wear 5.11 Tactical shirts exclusively. You know, the shirts with the "document" pockets behind the front pockets. To me, they are more like saddle bags. I keep my glasses, phone, snot rag, and other personal things in them.

I can carry 25 rounds of 12Ga shot shells in each one when shooting clays. Not the 1-3/4" ones, the 2-3/4" ones.

It's the manly way to carry your "personal" gear and keep both hands free.:rubhands:

Woody

delta6

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I once did something to damage a nail (seems like something sharp got jabbed into it just above the cuticle, but it has been a looong time). It kept splitting, so I painted it with clear polish until the damage grew out.

If my nieces wanted to paint my fingernails, I'd probably let them. I let them braid my beard, and when I had a fine head of Rona hair going, I let them braid that. I'm secure enough in my manhood that I can humor them, and if you don't like it, I'll knock the crap out of you with my purse.
Much like SoonerP226 I paint 4 of my nails, for much the same reason. The nail on my trigger finger especially has a tendency to crack and split and the clear polish seems to help.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
James Taylor puts clear fake finger nails on his right hand and clear fingernail polish, because as it turns out natural fingernails don't hold up very well to plucking guitar strings. You can say what you want about James Taylor, but you can't say he can't play guitar!

Latest posts

Top Bottom