Painted finger nails

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I really like how absolutely none of these people seem to be harming anyone, and yet there is just such nastiness in this thread. Sounds like not a single person being discussed asked anyone posting about it if they'd like them to paint their nails, do their hair, or give them a makeover in the least.

WHO CARES if anyone has painted fingernails? WHO CARES if they have a man bun? WHO CARES literally about anything someone else chooses for their appearance? If it's not your taste, awesome. If it's not hurting you, why are you making it your business and letting it get you worked up? Just move on.
I could care less if men paint their nails.....I could also care less if men speak out against men who paint their nails. See how that works? There's always opinions for both sides, but if folks are against men painting their fingernails they're supposed to "not get so worked up and just move on?" If folks are pro men painting their nails it's okay to hang around and keep posting? Your post above is opinion, and "nastiness" is relative to the reader. Anyone here on OSA has the right to post and reply with their opinion to any post, for or against, or not reply at all, their choice.

Here's your quote....
"WHO CARES literally about anything someone else chooses for their appearance?"

Here's mine.....
"WHO CARES literally about anything someone else chooses for their opinion on a particular topic. It's just their opinion...."

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it would be far more interesting to discuss WHY people get worked up about such things. My take on it is that some individuals feel very threatened by oddities. Frequently those with the lowest of self-esteem. Strangely enough, it's often those with low self-esteem who are the same people who need to go against the "norm" and do things such as alternative styles.

So in the end, it's literally the same type personalities who are at odds here IMO.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess it really boils down to what kind of culture/society you want to reside in. Do you want clear-cut expectations about what a man should be, how he should appear, carry himself, behave?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it would be far more interesting to discuss WHY people get worked up about such things. My take on it is that some individuals feel very threatened by oddities. Frequently those with the lowest of self-esteem. Strangely enough, it's often those with low self-esteem who are the same people who need to go against the "norm" and do things such as alternative styles.

So in the end, it's literally the same type personalities who are at odds here IMO.
I have been around "oddities" all my life and I feel you are looking for a way to put down both groups.

The "oddities" are usually people just wanting to rebel against society. Those that look down on "oddities" usually remember their formative years with fondness and are sad to see society change.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I don't care, it doesn't affect me. Most of them are doing it to provoke a reaction. Wanting to show their non-comforming, by conforming to those nonconformist.

Oldest son came in with any earring. He got no reaction. He finally asked if I like it? I asked if he has the matching purse and skirt? He got mad. About a week end the earring was gone.

My 19 yo grandson likes to push buttons and seen what reactions he can invoke and then, laugh when he gets you riled up.
Of course, he gets mad when the reaction is a throat punch.

It took twice for him to figure out that **** don't fly around here.

Earring, bun, nails painted, rainbow hair is your choice, doesn't affect me. Pants down around your knees, ass hanging out is nasty.
Business can post signs for no shoes, no service. Our ice cream shop posted " pull your pants up or stay out of here."

Latest posts

Top Bottom