Painted front and rear sights on Ruger 22/45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
site 1.JPG
site 2.JPG
Site 3.JPG
site 4.JPG
site 5.JPG
Don't look so great, but I think it will be a great help. Will shoot tomorrow and expect good things.
site 1.JPG
site 2.JPG
site 2.JPG

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting. Everybodys eyes are different so its hard to say what will work until you try it. I took the red dot off of mine so I need to find a front night sight or something for mine.

glowworm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use white nail polish all the time on my sights to touch them up. It's cheap, it works, and it holds up to cleaning chemicals better than regular testors paint.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update. Painting the front and rear sights was a worthless effort for indoor shooting. Because the front sight is pitched to the barrel (from top to mid way) the angle will not catch light indoors.
Will be cleaning all the polish off and looking at an alternative for the front sight. Any suggestions that match the ruger's front sight specs would be great. I want that puppy to glow in the dark and have the same height.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im going to be looking for at least a front sight that is fiber optic if not tritium. The red dot I had on mine just didnt work for me so I need something for night shooting. If I find something Ill let you know. There is always that glow in the dark sight paint but thats not really the route I want to go.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm using a Dawson .400" tall x .100" wide fiber optic with the stock rear in my 22-45 lite. I'm very happy with it. It is not going to glow like tritium in darkness, but it works well for me in low light. That is going to be subjective to each user however.
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161231_983bc77e5fc8e04da059041a77450e04.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom