Painting a Concrete Patio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought about that. But this atrium is in the middle of my house..I'd have to lug all that crap through the house, into the atrium, build a form in there, mix it in there, spread it, etc. I guess I need to figure out how much concrete I'd need to pour to do a topcoat before I say no to this idea.

I hear that. Run a hose over the roof and do it by the bucket in the atrium. That's what a concrete crew would do lol

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe there is a liquid topcoat product made to resurface for staining.

I hear that. Run a hose over the roof and do it by the bucket in the atrium. That's what a concrete crew would do lol

Now these two made me think...I already have water available in the atrium from a hose connection inside it. (Sure makes it easier to fill the hot tub). And from researching it, there's not going to be that much product need to do a resurfacing. I am going to dig around now to find this liquid, and if than doesn't pan out, I'll do it the Quik-Crete method via bucket and trowel, with a broom finish for texture. Then paint or stain.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The glue has ‘sealed’ the pores in the concrete, not allowing it to take the stain. You’d have to grind down quite a bit to make the swirl marks go away completely. I’m thinking the overlay might be the solution.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welp, I posted the before pics in post 1; Ya'll will get to see how it all turns out when this rain stops and I can get out there and "finish" it up. (Get it? Finish it? As in ...apply the finish so I can be finished? Welp, I thought it was pretty clever...)

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the epoxy stone you had, we had it too, nor am I am fan of painted concrete.

For both of them the best it ever looks is the day you do it, from that point on it is degrading in some fashion.

I would do ceramic tile, I like the wood plank look...

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wet feet/slippers on ceramic tile is an accident lookin' for a place to happen IMO. :D

I'd seriously consider something slip-resistant at least, and perhaps something somewhat padded/cushioned if at all practical.

Just my two cents. :drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom