Panhandle Antelope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
F3EA7C22-3821-4783-94CD-1A6DF1A6D256.jpeg
First of all I’ve got to say I have a great wife! She got me me a doe antelope tag, paid for our hotel, food, gas, and everything as this was my birthday day present from her.

We went out this morning and happened across a nice sized herd, wound up giving them a warning shot, caught up with the same herd a couple hours later, and found one willing to take a ride home with us. She was out there at 500 yards and the 260 did it’s job.

And best of all my wife was there with me all day.

zeronight6r6

Marksman
Reaction score
That is awesome, congrats! I drew out for a antelope doe tag once. My dad, brother and I hadn’t seen many until we came across a herd of maybe 30-35 of them. They had to of been in the biggest flattest field we had seen all day, maybe 800-1000 yards out. I’ve always been comfortable shooting 600-800 yards so my dad said just start walking to them and see if you can get close enough for a comfortable shot. I got maybe 100 yards out in the field and they started looking at me and before I knew it they where on a dead run coming straight at me. When they stopped they where maybe 50 yards from me. I just picked out a doe on the edge of the herd and dropped her. It was the craziest thing I’d even seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
O man, do they have some good eye sight. My wife dropped me off and within 60 yards out in the field they pegged me, staring at me like a fat guy in a short coat, which was the truth. When we finally caught up to them a couple hours later they locked in on me again but they finally stopped to look back one more time.

After I got her checked in we headed back to Guymon and we saw 5 more herds, I guess the biggest had 40-45 in it. Now one day if I could only draw out a buck tag that would be great.

We met several local farmers on this trip and every one of them hates those antelope. One of them said antelope to us here are like hogs to ya’ll back home.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom