Paper shotshells.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot 100 AA paper hulls a few months ago at Silverleaf. Noticeably different “bang”. Clays seemed to break harder/better. Amazing confetti show coming out of the barrels. And I didn’t feel a difference in the recoil. These were from the 70’s or so. I’ll shoot them any day!

I’ve got several dozen paper hull pheasant loads that I keep saying I’m going to shoot, but I’ve been carrying a 20ga with 6’s as of late.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot trap years ago with a guy who was sponsored by Federal. They kept him awash in brand new paper hulls. Whenever it was time for him to get restocked he would bring what he needed out of the way to the range to get used up. Those things were some kinda nice.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still have about a dozen 00buck 12ga paper hulls I save for special occasions, like when I see something and have them with me. ha. Things still pattern perfectly and when you pull the trigger you will definitely know it. They have a pretty good wallop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom