"Parade Accident". What to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, hypothetical question regarding the "Parade Accident" in Waukesha

So, let's say you are standing on the sidelines at a parade and you see an SUV plowing into people.
You are armed.

At what point would it be considered appropriate or legal to draw your weapon and fire at the vehicle?

I mean, obviously, you have determined that something is seriously wrong, but your life isn't directly threatened nor is the life of any of your relatives.
And you really can't determine if the carnage will continue or might be the result of a medical emergency or a problem with the vehicle.

Trying to wrap my head around this scenario.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t an old fart mow a bunch of people down at a garlic festival a few years ago in CA? I also certain there was an incident a few years ago at a Mayfest in Tulsa. A think a police chase suspect ended up driving into the downtown area. I’d want to be sure of what was taking place before deciding to use a firearm.

The best solution would be having all possible entry points into a the parade block in such a way to avoid vehicles having access.

Other points to consider… 10 Tips for Surviving a Terrorist Vehicle Attack

Latest posts

Top Bottom