Parking lot question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanwk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure if thats what they are trying to claim. The VA police and OU police patrol the lot. I remember several years ago at orientation they said it was a no no. Thought with the newer ruling things might have changed.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My uninformed opinion, if OU police patrol the lot it's university property and they can't say boo to you.

What exactly are VA police? Armed security contractors?

alanwk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are govt employees that are LEO's with authority even over OKC police etc when on VA property. When outside LEOs (OKC police for example) are at the hospital, they have to check their guns with the VA police.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're not trying to claim it's Federal property, are they?

why would that have any bearing on it?

any area set aside for parking even in front of state and federal buildings is OK to leave your firearm locked in your vehicle.

If the school is leasing the lot to some other organization (i.e. the VA), you're good to go.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're a .gov employee, the agency usually has a policy prohibiting firearms in vehicles if the lot is owned, subsidized or controlled by the .gov. It's a quick way to loose that .gov job. That's why I'm glad my employer doesn't do these things where I park. If they started, I'd find a different place to park.

I don't believe it's considered federal property unless they own it. But that doesn't mean you might not run into trouble.

orangpowr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work for the Fed. and if it considered Fed property no weapons of any kind. That includes large knives too. Anything larger then a small pocket knife. Firearms are a big no no. Where I work a firearm in the trunk would most likey get you fired.

Latest posts

Top Bottom