Pat Robertson: Jews Are Too Busy ‘Polishing Diamonds’ to Tinker With Cars, Mow Lawns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If there's one thing we know about Pat Robertson — he doesn't mince words.

The televangelist, and former GOP presidential candidate, delivered another zinger Monday, when he welcomed conservative activist, Rabbi Daniel Lapin to his Christian Broadcasting Network show “The 700 Club.” Lapin was there to promote his book “Business Secrets From the Bible” about making money.

Robertson started the interview by asking, “What is it about Jewish people that make them prosper financially? You almost never find Jews tinkering with their cars on the weekends or mowing their lawns.”

Lapin didn't appear the least bit surprised or insulted. In fact, he agreed with Robertson. “No, I pay one of the best mechanics around to take care of my BMW. That's what I do. I'd be crazy to take my time doing it myself,” Lapin said. “Or for me to mow my lawn, I'm the worse lawn mower in the world, but the young man who lives down the street from me, he's one of the best and he's happy to do it. I'm happy.” Later in the interview, Robertson joked that Jews are “polishing diamonds, not fixing cars.”

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/pat-robertson-jews-too-busy-polishing-diamonds-tinker-023600085.html

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Rabbi should have told Robertson, he never met a televangelist that wasn't a homosexual, drug addict, thief or out hiring prostitutes.

וואָס גייט אַרום קומט אַרום.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow. And yet the anti-Semitism is swept under the rug, but if he was talking to a black guy and said something similar, then it people would be all up in arms.

It never ceases to amaze me the number of "Christians" that dislike Jews, even though Christ himself was Jewish. Christ was not a Christian. You can't be "a follower of yourself"...

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All my Jewish buddies obtained higher education degrees so they could afford the BMW and the repair costs that come along with it.

A few quotes from my Jewish buddies...these quotes were from retired guys who were giving me secrets to life.

1. Cohiba, money is not the root of all evil. It's what people do with their money that can be evil.

2. Cohiba, it's not how much you can make (money) but how much you can save.

Most of my elderly Jewish buddies ..really are offended when a person flashes jewelry, cars, and money.

They don't flash anything.

One of my old Jewish buddies who I miss and think of quite often...have kinda the same out look on life as I do/did.

I asked Mr.Katz, how did he become (profession) what he was, because I was young and searching for college and life experience guidance. I didn't listen to much to my parents because all they kept screaming at me was college..or your not our son.

Well, Mr. Katz told me he really didn't know WHAT he wanted to do when he was young. He found out what he DIDN'T want to do amd worked around it. Same with me, I've had several professions and still looking, seeking, and searching.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. And yet the anti-Semitism is swept under the rug, but if he was talking to a black guy and said something similar, then it people would be all up in arms.

It never ceases to amaze me the number of "Christians" that dislike Jews, even though Christ himself was Jewish. Christ was not a Christian. You can't be "a follower of yourself"...

I didn't see anti-Semitism - I saw stereotyping. Two distinctly different things. And, I believe it was answered appropriately.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At what point does one become the other?

For instance: "Jews are successful at business and more likely to be college educated" is stereotyping.

"Jews are unscrupulous moneylenders without moral compass when it comes to money, we must protect ourselves from them" is anti-Semitic.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well that would be your descendents of Shem. That would include most of the Arab world, and those Israelis that have inhabited the Middle East for centuries. Technically, it would not apply to all Israelis as many of them are actually Khazars, from Asia.

Latest posts

Top Bottom