Pawnee Run n' Gun - Summer 2018 version

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friday RO run was sunny and hot and humid. Saturday blessed the runners with some rain in the a.m. and clouds throughout the day. It still got hot and humid though.

Y'all need to come try one. Next event is Jan 19th 2019...there will be a special Com-bloc category for anyone who wants to run a commie rifle in the 10K!

Glad you guys had a good time!

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Told my 13 (almost 14) year old we need to do one of these; would have to be a winter event, because I hate the heat. Told him we should do the "Commie" event. I need to look over the rules - is there a minimum age stipulation?

Where is Ted Kennedy? He was always big in these events.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Told my 13 (almost 14) year old we need to do one of these; would have to be a winter event, because I hate the heat. Told him we should do the "Commie" event. I need to look over the rules - is there a minimum age stipulation?

You should definitely do it! It is a great time. I never got to shoot because i was uncomfortable mixing the meds I had to take to be out in the sun and shooting safely. I've never had a negligent discharge and I sure didn't want to start there! I have walked/run the course with friends and it will challenge you physically bir1 it's not impossible. It would be a GREAT bonding experience for you two. The last one i was at there was a man and his 11-year-old I think who were parr of the group of people I was with while waiting at a couple of stages. They were having a blast.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

No formal age limit. They just need to be able to safely carry and operate a center-fire rifle and pistol. You definitely should bring him out. Lots of father/mother/son/daughter teams showing up these days. Great environment!

Ted Kennedy is still around (just not on OSA). He is one of the organizers of this event.

Shodown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When will they open up registration for the winter event?

I'll be living in Georgia by then, but I want to come back for the shoot. I had a blast at last year's winter run.

Latest posts

Top Bottom